nausea help? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-18-2004, 09:49 AM
nausea help?

Sounds like it went well. You do have a great sense of humor and that should serve you well in life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 07:57 PM
nausea help?

Hard not to laugh when the gas in going in and you are trying NOT to fart it out haha .

I farted anyway . mei
Unread 06-20-2004, 11:09 AM
nausea help?

I ended up in the ER for some hours. I didnt feel sick enough to want admission yet that odd feeling wasnt nice. The Dr took one look at me and said stick out your tongue .. mam you are dehydrated . I musthave puked 5 times saturday and once sunday and still felt icky .They inserted a drip / IV and administered ondansetron . I was thankfully allowed to go home

mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2004, 03:04 PM
nausea help?

(((mei)))
I'm sorry you had to go to the ER, but am glad they let you go home. I have a problem with dehydration also. My accupuncture doc is always looking at my tongue. Evidently they can tell how well you are hydrated from the tongue.

I hope you're feeling better soon.
Unread 06-20-2004, 08:31 PM
nausea help?

TThe Dr mentioned somethign aabout my lips being cracked and the tongue being white .. as signs of dehydration .

I ws so afraid they would make me stay. Im kind of doing the daily magic wip[ing of the floor in stages today Im tired

whats bothering me right now is this bone wearing fatigue that wont shake off

mei
Unread 06-26-2004, 02:07 AM
nausea help?

Im back . Pardom me if some of you got this in email or on other sites because I have too many folks to update

I just got out of hospital . On Sunday the 20th I ran into trouble and went to the AnE /ER .This resulted in my being hooked up to an IV because I didnt know that I was dehydrated. Meds were administered to stop the vomitting and I thought that was it .However I ran into trouble again just two days later and got readmitted .I have cyclical eposides of vommitting where once it starts my oral meds fail and the only thing that helps is a jab at the AnE / ER .

I have a long history of problems with my reproductive organs and go through bad PMS even though my womb is now gone (... my ovaries are still in ). Now that I dont have a monthly anymore i cant keep tract of when my next episode of nausea is going to hit . Its not like I can take preventive measures to keep nausea at bay .Removal of the ovaries and HRT is a last resort because I have a family history of breast cancer .

The surgical team taking care of me has done a great job in helping to answer my questions . In some ways I pity the them because I guess Im the typical difficult patient, since my symptoms tend to mimic other issues .

I have since been through a whole string of GI tests and each test has turned out negative. Im kind of furstrated ( but its no one's fault really) because my gut feeling is that the primary cause is a hormonal issue and that is hard to test for .Its probably a whole lot of issues in a package deal ( ME!!! ) thats causing all the problems . I belong to an Internet forum and many of the forum members have endometriosis and GI like symptoms . No doubt its the damage caused by the endo to the proper functioning of the gut and we get repeated cycles of vomitting or GI symptoms that can only be managed symptomatically .

Im resigned to this really .Its mentally very stressful and depressing because I don t see any end to this nausea thing . I have lived with it for so many years and its this year it got bad enough for anyone to want to investigate . And theres no denying that once it breaks through my oral meds I am a candidate for the ER .I dont know if I will ever see any end to this but for sure I know that if need be I can get the care I need at the hospital where Im being seen . I have some friends who simply dont understand that its not all in your head .Why ? Simply because I look perfectly normal outside and many dont know my insides are in a mess from the damage caused by endo .*sigh* at least you understand even if some of them don’t . Some even comment that by NOT thinking about it maybe my nausea will go away . Thankfully the team has acknowledged that there is a problem somewhere .. its just that we havent exactly located the primary trigger yet and that gives me hope that someday I will find a cure.

mei

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register