Vagina Cuff | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Vagina Cuff

I went to the doctor a couple a weeks ago because I was spotting. Well the doctor took some test, such as a pap smear, an ultrasound and vagina ultrasound. The ultrasound found a small cyst and some fluid in my vagina cuff. Which is something I have never heard of. My question is has anyone ever experience this on their vagina cuff and if so what are your symptons? Also the lab tech says this would not cause any spotting. So it is a mystery to everyone. BTW I still have my cervix and my ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Vagina Cuff

Hey Jaz,

I had a TAH/LSO in 2002 and 9 weeks later had cysts on my right ovary and "residual fluid near the vaginal cuff." My gyn said it was most likely due to continued healing as there was no fever to indicate infection.

About 4 months ago, I returned to her because I was still having pain in the same area and pain with intercourse. At that time she could actually FEEL something between my vaginal wall and rectum. She felt that it was return of endo.

Not sure if either of these would cause bleeding, but wanted you to know you aren't alone.
Unread 06-15-2004, 12:35 PM
happy

to know I am not alone. Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Vagina Cuff

Hi Jazz,
I haven't been on the site for ages. Occassionally I visit. I had a LAVH, kept ovaries a year and a half ago. Well I had the exact same thing as you. One year later I was back in the operating room because my doctor found a edometrial cyst in the vaginal cuff. She operated removing the cyst, but then I again thought I was done. WRONG! I continue to have monthly spotting even though I had my cervix removed. The doctor tells me that it is endo that is buried in the vaginal cuff, I can either take the shots or have it cut out, which would mean another repeat 6 week recovery +++.............. So I chose neither. I continue to have spotting once a month, and I guess I will just learn to live with it, until the endo gets really bad and I have to have it removed.
Now this was my own personal decision. I am tired of having doctors just keep thinking I'm a guinea pig or something. You may have something else that could be a problem and I would suggest for you to talk with your doctor and find out absolutely EVERYTHING before making any decisions. I do hope they find out what is going on............. I wish I could give you more words of wisdom, but at this time 1 1/2 years after my hyst, I just can't believe that I still have not been able to beat this endo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sending you prayers.
Jamie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register