started BP med and see colorectal surgeon tomorrow.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

started BP med and see colorectal surgeon tomorrow.... started BP med and see colorectal surgeon tomorrow....

Unread 06-15-2004, 10:36 AM
started BP med and see colorectal surgeon tomorrow....

Hi girls well I picked up my sample of Aceon last night which is an ACE Inhibitor to try....I took 1/2 of the recommended dose because I react to so many things and the only thing that happened was I felt like I had lump in my throat.....and I had heard it could cause a sore throat so didn't think much of it till I looked it up this morning and apparently it can cause swelling of the larnyx/throat/airway......does that sound like it to you? I wasn't having trouble breathing, maybe a tiny bit swallowing but no big deal overall.....I guess we'll see what tonight brings....

I see the colorectal surgeon for assessment tomorrow and have my list of symptoms and questions ready.....like why does it hurt so much to have a BM and why does it come out in tiny strips???

wish me luck and if anyone is taking Aceon or Coversyl please let me know! 's!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2004, 11:00 AM

Hey ((Gidge)),
Glad to hear you may finally be getting some answers I have no experience with those meds but I do suffer similar issues with BM's :-( I've always been told mine is related to the amount of internal scarring/Adhesions...I know that's the last thing you wanted to hear, sorry! The pain can come from the Bowels being adhered to another organ or pelvic sidewall, in my case, a portion of mine is stuck to my Vaginal cuff. My pain levels, with BM's, is so severe...its unreal! I've come to dread them....
Adhesions are also notorious for causing strictures in our bowels & intestines, this can effect the dimensions of our stool, exp if it is narrowing a portion of the bowel. Just some thots on what I've been told although it could be something totally different for you?!? When I was told this tho, it really made alot of sense! It also helped me to understand what was going on with my own ongoing pain & complications I've continued to suffer...

Good Luck tomorrow Pls post an update when you get a chance. I'll be looking forward to hearing how things go

Lots of ((hugs)) & prayers for you, my friend
Unread 06-15-2004, 11:06 AM

thanks for sharing that Sheri and good to hear from ya!

It doesn't seem the same as when I had the adhesions but who knows....the pain is certainly as bad but I never had the "bulging into the vagina" thing I don't think back then, and that is only when my bowel is full or I'm about to go......we'll see what he says tomorrow I just have to remember to tell him everything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2004, 12:17 PM

Have never used either of the bp meds you mentioned, so can't give you any insight there. Just wanted to tell you that I will keep my fingers crossed for you that they work w/o any unbearable side effects. Hang in there!
Unread 06-15-2004, 01:05 PM

You should stop taking the ACE inhibitor and call your doctor regarding the swelling in your mouth airway as this is a well known side-effect and can become severe with repeated doses. There are plenty of other medication options.
Unread 06-15-2004, 02:20 PM

well I wouldn't call it swelling per se, I just felt like I had a sore throat....sorta like a swollen gland on the left side.......I"ve just taken my 2nd dose so I guess we'll see, I did contact my pharmacist and she said to keep an eye on it but it could be a transient effect that might go away........

thanks for your advice I am watching it closely!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register