Inguinal nerve pain 4 yrs post op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Inguinal nerve pain 4 yrs post op Inguinal nerve pain 4 yrs post op

Unread 06-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Inguinal nerve pain 4 yrs post op

Here are some wonderful websites to deal with the pain you are having. (ME TOO!)
http://pudendal.info
http://pudendalnerve.info
http://tipna.org
You will find the help you need there.
Best wishes, Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2004, 11:11 PM

Brenda,

Thanks so much for the info. I read the sites you suggested and am just not sure I am dealing with pudendal neuralgia. My pain in higher up and is not worsened by sitting. I cannot wear any elastic on my waist and I must cut all my underwear at the waist. The pain is mostly about 3 inches to the right of my belly button (that's the only way I can describe the area). It feels very much like the neuralgia described on your sites, except that it isn't made worse by sitting. It just is there all the time, but is worsened by tight fitting clothes and I absolutely cannot wear elastic on my waist. Weird, huh. I've been diagnosed with two things, illioinguinal nerve entrapment or illiohypogastric nerve entrapment. Either way...... it's just not fun. Thanks so much for your help, though.
and lots of (((hugs)))

Linda
Unread 06-21-2004, 08:06 AM

Hi Linda, So sorry I jumped the gun here! I saw nerve pain and should have read more carefully.
Nerve entrapment / pain no matter what form, has got to be the worst! I am so sorry you are going through this.
It is just an awful thing this can happen and no one warns you. I Kept hearing from everyone how I would feel so much better after Hyst. HA!
What do your Drs. say they can do for this besides the neurontin and nerve block?
I hope that you find a solution soon. Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2004, 11:25 AM

Linda

I had cortisone injections too - for the trigger point and the nerve entrapment (2 separate injections). They pinpointed which nerve it was by doing sensation tests on my skin - hot/cold and poking tests (poking with the pointy part of a paperclip). In an area on the outside of my hip from my hip bone down, and across where my left leg joins to my hip had significantly decreased sensation. They said it was illioinguinal nerve entrapment because of that.
I also don't get worse when sitting, but can't wear tight fitting clothes either, especially around the waist. Most of my pants sit low anyway, and they don't seem to bother me, but I did have some tights that I wear when I dance (I'm a belly dancer!!), and I really can't wear those anymore. Can't stand anything around my waist, which is weird, because the pain I actually feel is further down in my pelvis.
I go again to the pain clinic this Thursday, so I'll let you know how that goes.
Shelley
Unread 06-28-2004, 04:41 AM

Hello again,
Thanks Shelley, my cortisone injections are in a similar place to yours - thanks for lettingme know, I'm reassured by that. But my doc hasn't located an area of particular sensitivity, and has put the injections in slightly different places each time.- always at the front though. My pain is on both sides. First injections were at ends of my scar line, second ones were above and below, third ones were below scar in between scar and pubic bone. I went last week for the fourth set of injections, he put these just out from either end of my scar. I then had to go home to bed for the rest of the day as they triggered off my pain badly - after the injections I start to get relief about 5 days or so later. I've found that the relief lasts longer each time. My third set of injections lasted a fabulous 5 weeks! It was amazing but all the more upsetting when the pain returned as I had started to think it had finally gone.
I also get acupuncture - but although it dealt with swelly belly it has not been able to get rid of the pain.
My pain doc said that the pain probably gets worse when sitting because of that position of my stomach muscles makes the entrapment worse.
I have also started to do stretching exercises which seem to help loosen things up a bit - which I need as when I get the pain I also get very tensed up, which then makes the pain worse.
I had to stop doing pilates in the autumn as it made it really, really bad!
Since the third set of injections I've been able to wear jeans . Still no rock climbing or running though!!!!
Thanks for this thread ladies - I've found it helpful, but I'm so sorry to hear that so many of you have the same or similar problems.
Toady
x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register