prayers needed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

prayers needed prayers needed

Unread 06-17-2004, 12:29 AM
prayers needed

Im so worried about my lodgers sister and she needs your prayers sisters please.

She has been suffering with a bad back now for a few weeks she has been white with the pain and hardly able to walk. Her dr has been supplying pain killers and told her he thought she had a slipped disk...anyway he prescribed her some different medication which resulted in her no being able to wee so ended up catherised and in hospital.

Whilst there the nurses asked her about a vaginal discharge she is getting...shes had if for a few weeks and her periods have been all over the place for the last year. They did an examination and told her they can see suspicious cells...shes having an MRI today and wont tell her anything untill they have all the test results together.

The worrying thing really is that she had abnormal cells 10yrs ago and had laser treatment. Turns out that she hasnt had a pap smear for 6yrs she said she hated having them *silly girl*

Im worrid for both her and my lodger....who has become more like a family member in the 2yrs shes been with me...she lost her mum when she was 16 suffered severe physical and mental abuse throughout her childhood by her father she has just begun to put it all behind her and has become more confident etc...her sister has become almost like a mother to her....im so worried how she will cope if it is bad news.

So please sisters pray for both of them

Thankyou xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2004, 01:51 AM
prayers needed

Laughingangel I will pray for her and her sister. Hopefully it is nothing serious .It is good that she is finally under a Dr's care. Please keep us updated.
Unread 06-17-2004, 10:01 AM
prayers needed

Hi ((Laughingangel)). Seems as though our Lord has already sent your lodger, and by extension her sister, someone who thinks of them as "family" and in times of trouble nothing can beat caring family to provide strength and comfort. I will keep you and your extended "family" in prayer.
s and blessings, peggiesue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 01:34 PM
prayers needed

Laughingangel- How lucky your lodger is to have a thoughtful friend like you. You will all be in my prayers. I'm glad she is now under a doctor's care and I am hopeful she will get good news.

Many blessings
Unread 06-18-2004, 04:01 PM
prayers needed

Thankyou so much for all your kind words *hugs*

She is not well at all and im now really worried...she has had an MRI scan and the doctor confirmed she has cancer...they are doing an investigation on tuesday she said...a biopsy which has confused me as i wouldve thought the MRI woulve given the answers....im so worrried because shes in so much pain with her back...I have cervical cancer but get no pain really....i just hope she has a seperate problem in her back and thats what is causing her so much pain.

The poor girl is so upset and worried obviously...im taking her sister and a friend to visit her on sunday....wish i could do more but im having my op on weds so cant do any more...if i wasnt going into hosptial id have her stay here as she lives alone in a top floor flat.

Just have to pray that things are not as bad as they seem....will let you all know when i have more news.

xxxxxxx
Unread 06-20-2004, 05:02 PM
prayers needed

Laughing angel----Sorry to hear about you and your friend's diagnosis with cancer. I will keep you all in my prayers. We will pray for the surgeon's guiding hands and a rapid and peaceful recovery.
HUGS---take care and keep us posted!

RO
Unread 07-21-2004, 10:33 AM
prayers needed

Well finally i can give you all an update on my poor lodgers sister. Its been a longtime coming!!
Yes she has cancer and it sounds bad...she has it in her bowel bladder and her pelvic floor...thats whats been giving her the awful backache. They have just transferred her to a different hospital which has a very good reputation for treatment for cancer. She has started chemo and radiotherapy she has to have radiotherapy 5days a wk for 5wks and chemo once a wk.

Please send your prayers sisters she so needs them....but i was pleased to hear my lodger tell me that shes become more positive and is saying shes gonna beat it...i think attitude has such a big part to play.

Thanks all xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 07-21-2004, 04:41 PM
prayers needed

I am so sorry to hear of your lodgers sister diagnosis. I will for her. I will pray for Gods healing hand to come and touch her and heal her, and that her side effects be at the minimum.

God Bless you for being a dear friend
Unread 07-21-2004, 05:21 PM
prayers needed

I will keep your lodger's sister in prayer that the Great Physician may guide the doctors who are treating her. It is good she is being transferred to a hospital with a good reputation for treating cancer and hope the chemo and radiation quickly remove any nasty cells. Please take care of yourself too as your surgery was not that long ago.
s and blessings, peggiesue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register