Med switch and giving my GP one LAST chance | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Med switch and giving my GP one LAST chance Med switch and giving my GP one LAST chance

Unread 06-17-2004, 07:45 AM
Med switch and giving my GP one LAST chance

Hey ladies! I hope everyone is having a decent morning. I wanted to update everyone on my GP saga and ask about others' experience with the new meds I started.

I had an apt. with my GP yesterday and decided to do as you ladies suggested and talk to him about the problems I have had with his staff/ him. Believe me, I was not nice or passive in any way! He wasn't happy about the miscommunication and asked me to please speak to him DIRECTLY from this point forward. I discussed the lapses I've had in getting my muscle relaxers refilled and how that affects my FMS symptoms. He assured me that he would make sure I stayed on that steadily. I told him that I wanted off the Effexor and Elavil because too many people have told me that they caused them to gain weight and I do not need any more problems in that area. We decided to try 2 different anti-depressants -- Prozac and Risperidene (I think that's how it's spelled.) The Prozac is 20 mg daily which I started this a.m. Anyone have experience with it? The other I am suppose to take 1mg twice daily, but started with 1/2 mg twice daily to start and see how it goes. Anyone have experience with that? It has made me feel a little light headed so, I'm going to monitior my bp closely to make sure it isn't droping too low. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I am really frustrated with everything.

I also told him that I have an appointment on 7/12 with my gyn to discuss removal of my remaining ovary. I do feel that will be my best option in many areas (emotionally and physically.)

I guess that's it in a nutshell. Thanks for listening and for any insight on these meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2004, 07:53 AM

Wanted to offer you a and say how proud I am of you that you confronted your GP. A lot of times we just don't have the stregnth to do that and I am glad that you did!!!! Sounds like you got good results - he's listening better.

Well, no insight on those particular meds. You know I take zoloft and it is weight neutral or even lessens my appetite. I hope prozac is similar in that regard, as I know that reduced appetite would be viewed as a positive for you.

I've never heard of the other med, but have found that webmd is a great resource for Rx info. If you have not already, perhaps give that a look.

I hope things go well with your upcoming gyn appt. Do you expect he/she will be supportive about your decision to remove your ovary?
Unread 06-17-2004, 08:52 AM

Thanks Michelle! Yes, loss of appetite would be a very good thing at this point.

I do think my gyn will be supportive about the ovary removal. She told me that the course of Lupron would give me an idea of what things would be like if the ovary was removed. She seemed like she would have gone ahead and done the lap 4 months ago had I insisted. Her suggestion was to try the Lupron first though which I did.

Thanks again for your support and s right back at ya!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register