My Last Period | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Last Period My Last Period

Unread 06-18-2004, 10:14 AM
My Last Period

Well, its official-with cramps, back pain and a migraine my last period has begun. It's a little wierd to think but I will miss it a little bit. I am however looking forward to being without the pain that accompanies it. Of course, some opportunity is leaving with it (childbearing). I am sending out a wish and prayer for all of us as we move into a new phase in our lives without these organs that it offer us a better quality of life and open new opportunities that we might have had to turn down because of pain, etc. Best wishes to all of us!
Lara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 11:02 AM
My Last Period

I guess mother nature has decided I am not going to get rid of her that easy either. She has made one last guest appearance, cramps, pain, etc., and all, with a vengenance. I am scheduled for surgery on Monday (SAH) and was truly hoping that I would have a nice peaceful (painfree) weekend. Good Luck to you and your upcoming surgery.
Unread 06-18-2004, 11:14 AM
My Last Period

Thought my very last one was gone... and then bam.. this morning... spotting and cramping worse than before.

Counting down the days til no more painful girlie parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 11:38 AM
My Last Period

Yeah, I know the feeling. Aunt Flo just had to make a final appearance!! It is like she wanted to visit and make my life miserable before I sent her off Packing!!! Go Figure!

I wasn't suppose to start until today, but oh no---she had to come on Monday! And when she arrived.......it was definately with a vengance. But I will have the last laugh, she will be gone on Wednesday...PERMANENTLY!!!!!

Good luck to us LIW! Will keep you all in my prayers and thoughts and hope all goes well!

Alle
Unread 06-18-2004, 12:00 PM
My Last Period

Hi,

Aunt Flo seems to like paying unexpected visits to LIWs. I had my "last" visit, then another, then another...in fact in the last month before my castle visit I was more on than off. I had always been totally regular before, so was a bit worried, but the doc said it didn't matter at all as it was all coming out.

I had to rush out and buy loads more tampons, and was also being prepared for post-op bleeding by stocking up on pads, only bled day 1 so am stuck with three packs of useless pads. Don't feel right about taking them back for a refund!!

Good riddance to Aunt Flo! Hooray!

xxx
Unread 06-18-2004, 12:25 PM
My Last Period

I am about to start also! Cramps, back pain, numbness in front of legs , and I feel like a witch, not to mention the rollercoaster of emotions before surgery. I wanted to be a nice person this weekend (I go in on mon 6-21.), so I'm going to suck up my madness and try to act like I feel good for my family. I am ready to go !! so I bid my last period good bye forever! May God bless all of you on your castle day!!

Question , How do they handle it at the castle? Do they just put a pad on you during surgery?
Unread 06-18-2004, 01:42 PM
My Last Period

Hi Winelover
First of all-Love your name/handle. I have that same one on a different message board-Glad I didn't choose it for this one when I joined :-) I just had to send you a note saying..."Me Too!" In lots of ways. 1st Me too, I too am in the process of doing my last period. Feeling weirded out about it in a way, and trying to just concentrate on all the nastiness of it so I will be glad not to deal with it. 2nd Me too, (third if you count the winelover name), we have the same surgery scheduled for the same date. I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you and for me. So (raise your glass, chardonnay, merlot, cabernet,....whatever your choice!), Here's to us to huge success and moving down a new path of life on the 29th!
Unread 06-18-2004, 02:01 PM
My Last Period

Wow-look at all the similarities to you Detoed--good luck to you. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with last visits by Aunt Flo. Good luck to all of you-

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register