my legs hurt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-18-2004, 12:55 PM
my legs hurt

i am 9 months post op from a total hysterectomy done vaginally. My legs hurt. A burning pain down the backs and inside of my thighs. It seems to radiate from the vaginal area. Anyone else had this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 03:08 PM
my legs hurt

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Doesn't sound pleasant, to say the least.

Is this new pain? Have you asked your doctor?

I'd have this looked at and if my doc said "I don't know" then I'd asked to be referred until I got an answer that made sense to me (and hopefully found a resolution).

gentle s
Unread 06-18-2004, 05:19 PM
my legs hurt

hi michelle...thanks for your reply!...this isnt new, its just come on gradually and gotten worse. I havent asked the doctor. Even if something is wrong, whats the doc gonna do? More surgery? nuh uh....not right now anyway. I guess i was wondering if anyone else had this. I've suspected before that i had pelvic floor dysfunction, due to years of bladder pain that was undiagnosed. anyway, thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2004, 06:50 PM
my legs hurt

((((katie))))) I'm so sorry you've been dealing with this on-going pain and that it's getting worse Please, ((((sweetie)))), do mention it to your doctor: you'd be amazed at how simple it might be to deal with situations we see no solution to!! And, often enough, it may not involve additional surgery!!! But you have to ask for the help

Sending lots of s your way. Please keep us posted.
Unread 06-20-2004, 09:50 AM
my legs hurt

dani...thanks for your reply! i really appreciate it. what other solutions are there but surgery?
Unread 06-20-2004, 03:02 PM
my legs hurt

Hi (((Katie)))

Some of the alternatives to additional surgery include physiotherapy, medication and even some non-traditional alternatives, such as accupuncture, have been known to work. There may even be other options that I'm not aware of, since I'm neither a doctor nor a nurse. And sometimes, those solutions are temporary, when the situation resoves itself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register