Worried about surgery..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried about surgery..... Worried about surgery.....

Unread 06-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Worried about surgery.....

Hello Ladies,

Yes it is me again....

I am extremely worried about my surgery now. My aunt had the same surgery today. Well, things didn't go so well!! The actual surgery did well, but afterwards they were checking her blood pressure and noticed that it was very low. They then give her 2 units of blood, then a little while later checked it again and it was still low. They gave her an additional 2 units of blood. Then it was noticeable that her belly started swelling like she was pregnant.

The nurses then brought up the ultrasound or something and started checking things out. They noticed that she had alot of blood in her belly. They called the surgeon, then prepared for yet "another" surgery. During the surgery they noticed that a blood vessel had either ruptured or was cut "unknowingly" during the first surgery, and this was what was causing her belly to fill with blood.

She came out of surgery ok, but will be in ICU until morning at least. So, as you can see, I am quite nervous about this surgery. The only 2 things that are different, besides her having a bladder sling also, are the simple facts of different surgeon and different hospital.

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to get this out there, so maybe, just maybe, I could get some encouragement. I don't think she knows about this site, so I am definately going to recommend ya'll to her, she will love it!!!!

Thanks Ladies for Lending Me Your Ears, it was heaven sent!!

Alle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 09:46 PM

Sorry to her about your Aunt hope she is going to be fine now. As I have having this done too on 6-30-04. It would worrie me too. But with all thing you never now what is going to happen. So I think you will be ok. I am not good with writting so Sorry.
Unread 06-18-2004, 09:47 PM

~HUGS~ to you and your aunt!!!!

GOOD LUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 09:54 PM

No one can ever know what will happen in any particular circumstance. You have to have faith that everything will work out, and go in with a positive attitude. Your doctor and the rest of your "team" are trained to do what they do, and I'm sure you will be just fine!!

Take care and God Bless!

Krista
Unread 06-18-2004, 10:21 PM

hi alle,

both you and your aunt are in my .s to you. debbie
Unread 06-18-2004, 10:36 PM

Please don't worry. My doc told me of the things that could go wrong, but thankfully nothing did. You have a different doc and hospital team. Keep thinking positive thoughts, don't let this scare you.

You must tell your aunt about this site, she will love it.

Good luck to you.
Unread 06-18-2004, 11:35 PM

Hi,

Your poor aunt, I hope she makes a speedy recovery now. Please try not to get too panicky about it, it is unusual to have complications. Think of all the girls whose surgery went fine, you will be one of them!

Think positive, you really can't do much to change things yourself, so have faith in your doctors, do what they say, and chances are you will be absolutely fine.

Good luck, and best wishes to your aunt.

xxx
Unread 06-19-2004, 12:11 AM
alle

i have had many surgery's thru out my life so you would thik i wouldnt get nervous anymore.. but i am ,, it's competley normal to be afraid of the unknown.
but you know everyone will experience things differently, try not to think about what your family member went thru and try to think positlivley. i am gooing in for a TAH in july...and i have read it many times here,, not to wrry about what others have gone thru becuase of everyone being different.
isnt it wonderful to have a site like this to turn to.
i hope all goes well with your aunt/// and i am sure you will do well also
Unread 06-19-2004, 01:10 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of the difficulties that your aunt had with here surgery, but please know that this is not the usual thing to happen.

There are risks with any kind of surgery. Just try to relax, and focus your energy on how great you are going to feel once this is all over. Have faith in your doctor, and his surgical team, and always keep in mind that everything is going to be fine. It helps to go to sleep for the surgery with a positive attitude. (at least it did wonders for me).

Best of luck!!!!!
Unread 06-19-2004, 08:52 AM
being in the hospital

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. Remember that that is why we have this done in the hospital. So that we can be cared for anything that comes up. Otherwise we could go to a store and have it done.

They are professionals and they have seen it all. They know what to do with things that happen.

The A man said the best patients go in calm and relaxed and with a postive attitude, so that's what I am going to do, $%%^^. tee hee.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register