Gain weight lose weight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gain weight lose weight Gain weight lose weight

Unread 06-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Gain weight lose weight

Hi Everyone,

My surgery is planned for the 29th. My question did any of you gain weight months before the surgery? I have gained 10 pds since Jan and I am not eating any more. I did slow down on the excercise only because I have not felt well. I have 2 very large cyst one on each ovary. I fill the left one when I bend, my lower back hurts on that side constantly, so excercise has slowed to a turtles pace. Another question did you guys lose weight after the surgery? I am hoping I do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2004, 08:36 AM
Gain weight lose weight

Hi,

I didn't gain any weight before my surgery ( I'm VERY active).
I did lose about 7 pounds after my surgery. Mostly, I think, because I couldn't eat much at a time for awhile.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 06-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Gain weight lose weight

Hi
I became very bloated about two months before surgery. I lost 12 ponuds after surgery, but I was unable to eat full meals due to fibroids pressing on everything. And after surgery my appetite really wasn't there for a couple of days. It has taken me a month to put back on 4 pounds. I am trying as I went down to 100 lbs. and that is just a little too thin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Gain weight lose weight

I didnt gain any before surgery but lost 10 pounds immediately after surgery. I think it was the weight of the ovarian cysts, the largest was the size of a football. Then I lost about 7 more pounds during recovery and have been hovering up a couple pounds then down a couple of pounds ever since.
Unread 06-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Gain weight lose weight

I feel like I have gained wt over this past month while waiting for my surgery... Exercise has been nearly impossible for the last few months... and the bloating and cravings are hard to control... I dont know how large everything in me is, but I feel pregnant most of the time.....
Unread 06-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Gain weight lose weight

I haven't gained weight, but I have gotten bigger (pre-op swelly belly?) around my middle. My guess is its a combination of what's going on inside my abdomen and not being able to exercise. I have gained weight over the last several years and am hoping that after this surgery some of it will come off. Of course, I do plan to work on it as well!
Unread 06-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Gain weight lose weight

My doc said I was carrying 10 lbs of rotten fruit in there. A week after surgery I put on a pair of my bigger pants and they almost fell off of me. I still only wear loose fitting clothes right now. I'm not going to weigh myself until my 6 week check up. I think I will have probably lost about 10-12 pounds by then.

I too stopped working out about 2 months before my surgery. I just didn't have the get up and go. I did walk however to stay in some kind of shape. I was about 30 lbs overweight before surgery so I figure after all is said and done. I should only have about 15 more to loose.

I already feel like a new woman. Good luck to you.
Unread 06-19-2004, 12:13 PM
gain weight lost weight

Robin,

Thanks for the reply. My stomach gets so bloated and hard as a rock. I am hoping all this will go away after the surgery. And I too will lost at least 10-12 pds. Rdj40

Robyn with a y

TAH/bso June 29th
Unread 06-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Gain weight lose weight

I lost alot of weight before surgery, too much. The interesting part is that I had very large fibroids and thought I'd come home and weigh even less. That wasn't the case, the morning after surgery I weighed myself and had an extra 6 pounds. I'm still packing on the pounds slowly but steadily. And I'm fairly active. In a way I think the post-op weight loss was an indication of how poorly my body was beginning to handle the constant blood loss and now since after surgery my body is beginning to regain a more healthy weight. Also think the estrogen patch is causing some weight gain. I needed the extra weight so won't complain I guess. The important thing to remember is to gauge how we feel overall instead of looking at the scale.
Unread 06-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Gain weight lose weight

I actually lost a lb or two before surgery. Was so scared of surgery and know the smaller you are the easier the operation for the surgeon. Only lost appeptite for a day or so after, and it's hard because naturally I'm not getting as much exercise, but have the same appeptite. Gained a few back. Trying to watch what I eat etc,.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register