Sunday,Sunday -- June 20th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sunday,Sunday -- June 20th Sunday,Sunday -- June 20th

Unread 06-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Cool - Sunday,Sunday -- June 20th Sunday,Sunday -- June 20th

Hi gang --

the weather I have longed for is here.......... and not a cloud in the sky and high temp is supposed to be in the 70's..............today's exercise will be mowing the lawn.

I am happy to report that ALL the leftover goodies are now gone from my fridge. And no, I didn't finish the apple pie........dh polished it off.........but at least I don't have to look at it every time the fridge door is opened.

So we are now back to where all that is in the house is good, OP, healthy food.........which is a good thing because I seem to have this ravenous appetite lately!!

I am going to bake cookies today, to take with us on the road (we're leaving Tues for the Maryland tournament) but I can resist those. Besides -- oatmeal is good for ya, right?!?

And I'm going to get to see Shirley next week! We're planning dinner together with our dh's (and probably a couple of other guys from the tournament as well.........they won't be able to resist when they find out it's all-you-can-eat!!) which should be interesting. And also a day of sight-seeing and fun!! YAY!! Shirley, you don't know how much I appreciate you coming to get me and spending a day with me............it's so nice to have some gal-pal time in the midst of all those testosterone-filled fishing tournament days............makes me look forward to, and enjoy, the trip so much more!!

Xena -- I hope this morning is finding you feeling better!! Been thinking about you lots lately!!

Ok.......I am off to an OP breakfast, while I read the paper (and clip coupons of course) then will bake, then will go mow the yard.........maybe vacumn the van.........then set up lawn chairs for me and the dogs (yes they have their own chair) and relax and read in the sun.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

HUGS to all --

Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2004, 06:55 AM
HI all

Well Ann is right the weather is supposed to be much better today. I hope so as it is Fathers day and we are having a barbeque. The weather all week looks cool. WHERE THE HECK IS SUMMER. Hard winter and now not enough hot weather. I am not liking this.

Ann so glad you have everything under control. Sounds like your trip to NY went okay. I know you must be missing the nice hot weather in Florida. Lets hope it happens soon. THat is great you get to spend some time with Shirly. Sounds like a fun day. Enjoy.

Xena glad you are doing well. Rest is what the body needs.

Hey Shirly, have fun with Ann next week. And you are right when your thyroid is out of whack it is bothersome. I am soooooooo tired. Oh well. 8 more days before I see the dr.

Hello to everyone.

Well I am off. I have the steaks marinating since Friday. They should be nummy.

Ta

Katie
Unread 06-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Sunday,Sunday -- June 20th

Hi BEST s, today finds me doing much, much better: I had a good night's sleep and feel all rested... and raring to go.

(((Xena)))) Hope you're feeling better.

((((Ann)))) It's great that your fridge is filled with OP things again. And you're right: oatmeal is good for you!!!! Have fun at the tournament and have a great time with ((((Shirley))))

((((Katie)))) Seems like you've been away for ages!!! Great to see you again.

Well, can't say I'm OP today: I've only had coffee, so far, but I'm off to eat an OP breakfast, then it's off to do the groceries... and they will be filled with goodies. I'm still hoping to be very close to my goal weight by the end of this month. That means that I had 9 lbs to loose as of last Monday: hopefully, the excesses of the end of the week didn't cause too much havock!!! I'll check in again tonight and will report on how I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2004, 08:06 AM

Hi ladies! Happy Father's Day to all your DH's! It is a sad Father's Day for me. It is not only that day but also one year exactly since my Dad passed away. I put a beautiful bsket of carnations on his grave. *sigh*
My kids will also not be here for their Dad this Sunday...........DD was home last weekend and DS will be home next weekend so DH is ok with that. I have that retirement party later on this afternoon after we go for a nice walk in this cool lovley weather. I will be as OP as I can. Water may be sluggish today but we will see. The new scale is now a novelty to me and DH. Maybe because it "beeps" when the weighing is done. I weighed myself again this AM and dropped a pound. I was 200.6. Can you beleive it????
{{{{{{{Katie}}}}}}}} glad to see you back. How I missed you!
Have a great OP Sunday everyone!!!!

Emily
Unread 06-20-2004, 09:33 AM

Good Morning, 's!!!

(((Emily))) 's to you! I know the one yr. anniversary mark of a death of a loved one is difficult! Sounds like a lovely basket of flowers for your father! Great Job on the weight loss!!! Getting ever so close!!!! Stick with the program--you'll be there in no time!!!!

(((Ann))) Sounds like a beautiful day---get out and enjoy it!!! Glad the temptation of the apple pie is gone!!!(and, yeah---you weren't the one to polish it off!!!)

(((Dany))) Glad you're feeling better and got some much needed ZZZZ's!!!!

(((Katie))) Those steaks sound yummy....could ya ship some to Texas!!! LOL!!!

(((Xena))) My thoughts and prayers are with you that today finds you feeling better!!!!!

Today we will be leaving to go to church---in a min, and then go to Inlaws for lunch. I called my father this am to wish him Happy Father's day...wish I could be there with him!!!

Today should be OP in all areas. Will report later!!!

Huggies to all!!!
Ronda
Unread 06-20-2004, 09:52 AM

- such a beautiful day today! The sun is shining, the sky is bright blue and clear and we have a cool breeze blowing. I turned off the AC and opened up the windows. Nothing better than natural, fresh air.

Extra s to Emily. I'm sure that it's Father's Day today makes it even tougher to deal with your loss. Congrats on the weight loss! You are sooooooo close now!

Dany, you sound very perky today! Amazing what some good sleep can do.

Katie, we're also going to have steak today. Yum!

Xena, hope you're feeling better each day now that you're done with your procedure.

Ann, enjoy the tournament and the visit with Shirley! Lucky you two!

Ronda, enjoy the lunch with the in-laws!

Challenge points for yesterday will total 3. No point for water or food. I have a doctor appointment coming up on Friday and somehow that always makes me get into a nervous eating habit. Gotta stop that!

Hello to everyone who hasn't posted yet!

~Donna
Unread 06-20-2004, 10:16 AM

Hi all,

This energizer bunny is feeling significantly less energetic today. That Flylady timer is not doing its magic. LOL Seriously, that's exactly why you are not supposed to do marathon cleaning and decluttering--you get burned out! As soon as I get up from here, I will be doing a little more and then headed to a little Father's Day celebration for my dad. DH is still camping and DS is on the second day of his new job. My sister's husband and DS are working, so it will be little in number too. It will be OP--steamed shrimp is on the menu.

Feeling pretty strong as far as the OPness goes--nuts have been my main snack this weekend--they are my friend--they kept me from wanting bad stuff. Breakfast was an appetizer of nuts and then some salmon.

Yoga is done. (Never did do it yesterday, but I got in an extraordinary amount of movement so I didn't feel bad about it.) Not sure what other exercise I'll do today other than the vacuuming I am about to do.

s to Emily! I don't have enough words or even the right words for you, but know you are in my thoughts today. BTW when that scale beeps, it's saying Way to Go, Emily!!

Donna--I followed your lead and opened some windows to let in fresh air--clean air as they call it on the weather channel!

Ronda--Enjoy your lunch with the ILs. I am sure your father appreciated your call.

Dany--Sounds like you're on the right track again. Load your cart with OP goodies.

Katie--Hang in there, dear. My doctor just upped my thyroid meds because the estrogen can make them less effective (takes more to achieve the same effect).

Ann--See, that low temp last night was worth it for the beautiful day today! Just envisioning you and the pooches loving life in your yard!

BSQ--Belated congrats on the five pounds gone!!! That is awesome!!

Only a few more days until Ann and I get together!!! I have a day full of touristy, fun stuff planned to give Powerbabe Ann and me a workout! That way I can work off the steamed crabs from the night before!

Shirley
Unread 06-20-2004, 11:58 AM

Hi everyone.

I was at a meeting and lunch from 9 to 2 yesterday, and then went out shopping and didn't get back till 10. Hence my absence! Got some GREAT bargains.

This will be a quick post to say hello and report that I've been staying OP with some diversions from OP-ness. Yesterday at the meeting I snacked too much, but made up for it at lunch. I just had one slice of plain pizza, some Italian salad, and a small portion of dessert. And at the mall's food court last night, I went to the Wendy's there and had a baked potato, Caesar salad, and lemonade (which seemed to be all-natural). Didn't give in the fries/burger thing.

Emily, you are about to break into the 100's!!!
That is AWESOME.

Shirley--I've found the Flylady stuff helpful, but yes, you really have to limit yourself. I think that's part of her secret, the 15 minute thing. And also I find that everyone needs to adapt her system individually (which she always emphasizes). People here can't believe how good my office looks now...two months ago it was a war zone And it's maintaining itself with little effort.

Won't try to respond to all posts but you know I'm thinking about you all and wishing you all the BEST day!

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 06-20-2004, 06:01 PM

It's me, reporting my days points.

Food=1 point
Breakfast---Adkins choc. delight shake
Snack---nuts
Lunch---salad, steamed veggies, baked skinless chicken, fresh fruit (passed up on some yummy goodies at MIL's house....stayed OP!!!!)
Snack---Sugar-free fudgecicle
Supper---Soup---Carb Focus Southwestern Chicken
Snack---Yogurt

water=1 point (84 oz. and counting!)

Excercise=1 point (30 min. power walk and body ball excercises)

ME time= 1 point (a long nap!!!---I've noticed that has been my ME time on the week-ends!!!LOL!!! So nice having the DH home to entertain the kids, so I can have my ME time!!!!

Hugs,
Ronda
Unread 06-20-2004, 07:39 PM

Wow!!! Another quiet day, BEST s

I'm just back on-line for a few minutes. So here's my report for today:

OP eating: 1 point... stuck to Phase One despite all the temptations
Exercise: 1 point... I walked for 30 minutes, back from the store... so that counts.
Water: 1 point... even though it's been a lot cooler, I'm still very thirsty.
Me Time: 1 point... I managed to sneak in a good hour, playing games on the PC.
Report to BEST: 1 point... :whoohoo: twice in a row!!!

Well, I hope that everyone who's not posting is enjoying great summer weather... and is totally OP.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register