Oprah and a Plan to be Heard | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oprah and a Plan to be Heard Oprah and a Plan to be Heard

Unread 06-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Oprah and a Plan to be Heard

Especially if you have ovarian cancer, the word is out--on June 27 please e-mail www.oprah.com with your story--there's going to be a "bombard Oprah" day--maybe if enough people e-mail they'll listen and do a story on ovarian.

Now I am NOT leaving out those of you with cervical, vulvar, vaginal, or uterine cancer--Sept. is also YOUR awareness month. E-mail stories--maybe, just maybe--they'll hear us. Spread the word.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2004, 08:04 PM

Great idea Ellen. And who knows, perhaps quanity will make a difference. Just remember to remind us all next weekend.
oxox karenann
Unread 06-21-2004, 06:11 AM

I also think this is a great idea.

do not email before june 27th????? OK I know I will need a reminder.

Thanks,
Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2004, 10:52 AM

Ellen
Count me in. I think this is a great plan.
Ruth S
Unread 06-21-2004, 11:15 AM

Yes, I'll do it. (And thanks for the offer of the reminder, otherwise, I'd find myself on July 27 thinking that I had to do something!)
Unread 06-21-2004, 08:14 PM

I'll do it, too.
Unread 06-22-2004, 06:32 AM
Remind me too!

This is great! Finally we can all unite and maybe Oprah will do a special show on "silent killers" or women's gyno cancers! You'll have to remind me too as I forget everything these days. I wish someone would have told me about ovarian cancer - everyday I think of all the symptons I had but didn't pick up on because I thought they were minor "monthly" ailments (like indigestion, nausea, pelvis discomfort, bloating,etc). I remember getting a checkup at my gyno a few years ago, I was in a panic because my periods were irregular (I was always regular) and my dad had just passed awat from cancer. My gyno told me I was stressed due to the death and "out of my mind" -when I went in this past December with my back pain I asked him if I was "still out of my mind". He was somber and had tears in his eyes when he replied "No, I think it's serious". People have to hear about this disease (as much as breast cancer).
Unread 06-22-2004, 09:29 AM

Ellen

I'd like to join in, too. (Does it matter if I am not American as this is for the Oprah show?) It is my understanding that at least 25000 women in The States are diagnosed with OVCA each year, so it is time for a show on it!
Unread 06-22-2004, 09:36 PM

Ellen,

Not more than two weeks ago, I emailed Oprah (again) asking her to do a show on endometrial cancer. That must have been at least the fourth time I've emailed over the past several years making the same or similar requests. Sometimes I limit my suggestion to endometrial cancer, other times I request that she do a show on all gynecologic cancers.

Hopefully, my latest email will still be in her "in-basket" when the other email messages start to arrive on Sunday!

Good luck with your latest effort.

MoeKay
Unread 06-23-2004, 06:27 AM

I'll do it. One question though. I went to Oprah's website and to e-mail us. Which e-mail address are we sending the stories too??
There are so many e-mail addresses.
Thanks,
Bertha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register