Return to work pushed back | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Return to work pushed back Return to work pushed back

Unread 06-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Return to work pushed back

First may I say I am bored out of my mind and I am not good at this princess thing. I was expecting to go back to work July 8th now it may be july 14th or later!!! I am so bored!!!!!! As crazy as work is right now I would welcome the caosis. This being home and healing is much more difficult the second time around! Everyone has been great with helping me but I just want to move on! I am optimistic that this means this surgery has done what it is supposed to and that my life can resemble something normal and pain free. I hope to enjoy sex and save a struggling relationship with a man who has been more then patient through all this. He has not once complained or pushed! I cant remember the last time we shared a tender moment! I am eager to heal any sisters out there who would share common experiences and stories are so welcome! Thanks to all who are helping me through my stir crazy's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2004, 11:47 AM
Return to work pushed back

Hi Poetic1too,

I am scheduled to have adhesions removed on July 8 and exploratory to see what else if any thing is going on. When was your surgery? I HAVE to go back to work on Aug 4 no if ands or buts. I am in charge of a very large special education department at a high school. I am in charge of all of the scheduling and get teachers ready for the first day of class. I know that I worked all summer last year and just barely had time to get things set. I now have 10 new teachers and 200 more students to deal with. Could be very interesting. I hope I am okay to do this. I know after my hyst pushed and went back to work at 4 weeks and then ended up being out another 5 because I over did. I sure hope this surgery goes better and does what it is suppose to. Let me just say the actual surgery and recovery were great when I had the hyst. It was returning to work that caused all the problems and my dr is not going to let me forget it. She did not want me to go back to work when I did the last time.

About the sex thing, lets just say I hope this next surgery does something good. At this point is it very painful and don't even want to go there. Hubby is being very supportive but he is a male and still has sex on his mind most of the time. He hasn't pushed but I know deep down he can't wait.

How has your recovery been and what all did they do. I have severe pain in the right pelvic bowl area and have spent a lot of time and money doing PT and acupuncture that did not help a bit. I also went through pain management and that was no help at all. I now have major back pain with the pelvic pain. I think the back is just because I am supporting the pelvic pain and changing the way I walk and move and my back is taking the brunt of it all. I am curious to hear your thoughts on recovery. I have read that the recoop time for this is longer and worse. My surgery will be outpatient hopefully.

Keep recovering and don't rush it. I have learned my lesson well.
I too go stir crazy because I am very active and am not one to sit. I am a gym rat also. I am trying to get all my gym time in prior to this next op. I know not being able to do things is really going to take a lot out of me s and hang in there

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register