ways of going through operation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ways of going through operation ways of going through operation

Unread 06-21-2004, 06:37 PM
ways of going through operation

I'm confused to hear of all the ways you can have a hyser.

I've heard a total hyster., also how they can go in vaginally, and some other ways.

How is it possible to have a hyster. so many ways? And still get the same results?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2004, 06:44 PM

Dear Imaria,

It is possible to have a vaginal hysterectomy rather than have a large abdominal incision, but it will depend on what exactly is going on. Your doctor can tell you what your options are. I'm having a laparoscopically-assisted vaginal hysterectomy - there will be a few small incisions in my abdomen, but everything will come out through the vagina.

This website is a great source of information - good luck finding what you need. It's also a great source of emotional support. You can ask about just about anything, vent your frustrations, share a laugh and a tear.

Welcome, and best of luck to you.

Best,

leslie
Unread 06-23-2004, 07:06 PM

It can be rather confusing. I got four different procedures from four different doctors! I had an LSH (laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy) four weeks ago. This is done through three or four tiny incisions....one at the navel, one just below each hipbone and one at the bikini line. Everything is removed through these. My inscision sites can hardly be seen! I had everything removed except my cervix. My surgery was due to very large fibroids that were pressing on my bladder and my spine. I am so glad to have found this site with a wealth of information to help me make my decision. I can't say enough about the LSH procedure as it is the least invasive and I feel lucky that I was a good candidate for it. You may want to seek several opinions to decide which, if any, is best for you. to you in making your way through this journey. You have many friends here.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register