surgery date confirmed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery date confirmed surgery date confirmed

Unread 06-22-2004, 12:08 PM
surgery date confirmed

Hello friends,well the gyno appt. went better than I hoped.I do have to get a hysterectomy.The cone biopsy got the cancer,but some dysplasia went to the margin,and presumably beyond.So as I understand,we can wait and see if it turns to cancer or act now.This has all happened so fast,we are opting to not wait and see,so we set a date in August.This gives my cone biopsy site time to heal better and less risk of infection.My gyno says he will be doing the surgery because the cancer was taken out with the cone biopsy,so the cancer dr.says it's not his. My gyno says he will do a laposcopy??The surgery where they do 3 small incisions,one being in your belly button,then they take it out through the vagina .He says the down time is like 2 or 3 weeks ,and I will probably only be in over night!I did bring my husband,and he listened and then he turned green and nearly passed out! I had to tell him to put his head between his knees and not faint because he's too big for me to catch.All the ladies in the waiting room were giggling at him.My doc. quirps"you'll be fine,I don't know about your husband though"I'll post more later about the appt.I think this post is over the limit soon.Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2004, 12:16 PM
surgery date confirmed

I am sorry that you have to go thru with the surgery but I am glad that you do have a date set. I do hope that your DH gets better and hope that he doesn't faint after you have your surgery. LOL You definatly don't need to be picking him up off the floor then.

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery and let us know when the date is.

God Bless
Unread 06-22-2004, 02:03 PM
surgery date confirmed

Melissa,
Whew! What a relief! Now I understand why you didn't think it was a good idea to bring your husband!

Why did the first doctor tell you that you had invasive cancer when they were able to get it out with the cone. Sheeze. He scared you to death for nothing! Not very nice.

Anyway, I am glad everything went so well. I would still think that a gyn/onc should do the surgery, but if they won't let you there's not much you can do I suppose. I would think that a gyn/onc would know more about the surgery and what to look for.

Congrats on the good news!
Janie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register