Thought I would post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thought I would post Thought I would post

Unread 06-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Thought I would post

Well I had my LAVH/BSO on May 18. I had severe cervical dysplasia with cancer cells present in 1998. I had that removed.

My hyst was for chronic pelvic pain and heavy bleeding. My pap smears were normal.

Well we got the pathology report and she told me everything they found at my 2 week check up. WOW were we all surprised.

She started reading the list down:
Blood filled cyst in and on ovaries and on cervix
Blood in the ubes
A dying ovary
fist size fibroid in uterus with adeno
Endo everywhere
Cancer cells on cervix and ovaries

So since I had cancer cells present, I thought I would post here and say Hi. I should have posted here earlier, but I guess I was in denial or something of that sort.

I owuld include my name on the lists. But I have no info on the stages or grades. I am guessing prob stage 1 and grade 1. She did not give me any more detail.

But she did say that she did a radical hyst due to my previous occurance and that the lymph nodes and all came clean, so that everything had not spread nad we caught it in time, that is why I am guessing it was a stage and grade 1.

I am my next appt on June 24.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Thought I would post

Hello Kim!! Welcome aboard. I just want you to know that I will pray for you. I worry every day that when I go in for my hyst that they will find cancer or something bad. I just wanted to ask you- Did your fibroid grow quickly and cause you problems and did you have any idea about the endo and adeno before hand?? I wish you the best and please keep us posted. You can talk about anything that is bothering you here and I am sure someone will have had the same concerns. Take care-
Unread 06-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Thought I would post

Just want to say "Hello" and "Welcome", Kim. You're in good hands here. There are a lot of really wonderful ladies on this forum. If you have any questions, I'm sure that there's someone here with some answers or directions on how you might be able to get your answers.

So happy to hear that your cancer was caught early. Hope you're recuperating well. Be the princess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Thought I would post

s Kim

I am so sorry you had to have this most unpleasant surprise.
Was you surgery performed by your ob/gyn? If so, I would strongly recommend that you seek a second opinion from a gyn oncologist. Just to make sure he agrees with no further treatment.
They are the experts with gyn cancers.
Best wishes.

karenann
Unread 06-23-2004, 04:54 AM
Thought I would post

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I was scared to post here, not that I thought I would not be welcomed, I knew I would be, but hte thought of posting here, just seemed to make everything so real.

geniann: As far as my fibroid. Yes it grew fast and out of nowhere, we also knew I had endo, but not adeno. I had my hyst on May 18. I had exploratory Laproscopic, hysteroscopy and D&C on April 16, almost one month before. She did not do any biopiopies then. but did clean out my endo. She found nothing us.

SO in a month, adeno, cysts, endo came back. Everything changed and I knew something wasnot right. I normally have this sort of surgery about every 2 years to clean out the endo and usualy am fine for about a year or so. well about 2 weeks afterthis surgery, my pain got worse, unbearable. And when I went back to the Dr, she said I had suffered long enough.

We were all surprised at the findings

Maureenie: THank you for the warm welcome

karenann: You may find this a little dumb, but I honestly did not realize there were a gyn oncologist. I thought the reg gyns dealth with this kinda problem. I will look into that. I don't think we have any here, but I will check into it.. Thank you for the info
Unread 06-23-2004, 07:17 AM
Thought I would post

Kim

I am sorry to hear of your suprise but it is good that they caught it early. I am glad that you will be looking for a gyn/onc, they are the best at what they do. I wish you continued healing and best of luck with whatever treatments you may have to have if any.

God Bless
Unread 06-23-2004, 11:44 AM
hello Kim

Hello Kim and "wow" is right.What a scary path report.Glad they caught it all sooner than later.You said you had a laproscopic hysterectomy.Is that through the belly button?I'm told that is what I am getting How was your recovery?.My family doc told me of my cone biopsy results before I spoke with my gyno.He told me the cancer was invasive and I had to get a hyster.Well the cancer was invasive,but they got it with the biopsy.I have dysplasia right up to the margin so that is why I am getting a hysterectomy.So I guess I am cancer free right now but hope I am still welcome at this board,I feel welcome.So my gyno said(just before I walked out the door with very pale hubby)and if I see any cancer on ovaries I may have to remove them.I wanted to sit right back down and discuss this.Do you think he will be looking around while in there?...Melissa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register