Getting Nervous - Going in NEXT WEEK - Who Else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Nervous - Going in NEXT  WEEK - Who Else? Getting Nervous - Going in NEXT WEEK - Who Else?

Unread 11-26-2000, 07:34 AM
Getting Nervous - Going in NEXT WEEK - Who Else?

To all my fellow sisters in waiting:
I'm starting to get "more" nervous - how is everyone else doing? I now can put a date on it and say that its "Next Monday," December 4th. Not sure if I like that much because its been "in the future," for such a long time.
I'm more nervous about being put under, and what will happen upon waking up than the actual surgry. I do trust my doctor. But I also don't know what to expect because I have severe endo, along with fibroids. I hope that all can be removed--hoping for one surgery and done with it.

To all of you going in soon, "with me on Dec. 4th" and those going in on December 5th (there are so many!)and after - you'll all be in my thoughts (as groggy as they will be on December 4/5th).
I'm a fellow sister in waiting (and its been far too long!)

A question for all in post op: What are the war stories about "gas"? Will I knock them all out of the hospital?
What should I expect?
Also - were you very cold in the hospital room? Did you take a nightgown and robe, or use what they gave you? I do know that, after reading some posts, I'm taking some "stik-um" pads - why do some hospitals use the old fashioned types?
Thanks for reading and I hope for replies. I love "talking" to you all. Thanks to this Website and all the work behind putting it together.

Looking forward to saying, "I'm On the Patch"
Robin from Michigan
12/4/00
TAH/BSO
Sev endo/fibroids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2000, 07:58 AM

Hi Robin,
I'm one of the liw for Dec 5th. I also live in Michigan. I'm not so nervous as before after reading all the post on this site. So lucky to have found it and will mention it to the hospital when i go for pre-op on the 28th. In case other women have questions that havnt been anwsered. I will have you in my prayers and thoughts on the 4th. If you would like to e-mail me it's at dhanson@i2k.net my name is Debbie. Hope you have a good day. It's raining here so cant do much outside but finish getting things ready. Take care.
Unread 11-26-2000, 08:11 AM
Gas!

Hi Robin - I go in on the 6th, so perhaps you will be going home as I go in... You asked about gas - I had two c-sections (years ago) and with the first one I was embarrassed when the nurses kept asking if I was "passing gas" - (Southern ladies don't admit to things like that...lol) but I was young and didn't realize that it means your bowels are beginning to "work" again. I don't remember it being overwhelming or "room clearing" - just that everyone seemed happy I was doing it! I am trying to keep a good attitude about this all and remember that at the end I will feel good again - but it is starting to get close and I admit to feeling a little shakey.... Good luck to you - I will be thinking of you on the 4th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2000, 08:31 AM

Suggestion!!!

You may want to check out the Hyster Sister Calendar to see who else is going in the same day as you. Also, you might want to pop in on the thread "Pre Op Sisters Please Introduce yourselves"... There are 58 postings from new ladies in waiting... Lots seem to be going in on the same day as you. How cool it would be to stay in touch with your Hyster Twins!!!

Hang in there kiddo... we're all in this together.
Unread 11-26-2000, 09:07 AM
To suggestion!!!

Yes, PaTony, I checked the calendar and have been posted on it for quite some time. I also checked the posting for those who are going in around the same time.

I just want to talk to people and have them write back to me. I really enjoy it and it helps my nerves.
Thanks to any who respond.
Unread 11-26-2000, 12:04 PM

Hi Robin from Michigan,

I am 6 days post-op and let me tell your about the gas. I was nervous about it too because I had a c-sec 10 years ago and it was not a pleasant thing. The problem is the pain it causes just rumbling around in your tummy. You swear you have an alien living in there! When I was in the hospital it just wouldn't come out. I kept thinking, "Gee, it was so easy to pass gas just last week!" My doctor told me don't worry, it will come. Just keep walking, drinking and don't forget the colace! I finally the night I came home. My children thought it was fantastic!! They couldn't believe I could sustain such a lovely note Anyway, gas can be very painful but if you do your walking, drinking etc.. it will all come out eventually!! You can always purchase gasx or Phazyme to help with the rumbling! You'll be fine!! E-mail me anytime at swsh@home.com. Gotta go and shine my new crown up! Bye.....

Shara W
Unread 11-26-2000, 12:21 PM

When I read your post about next week, my stomach dropped like I was in an elevator going down too fast. I go on Dec. 5th and it is hard to believe it is just a week away. I did actually get the bulk of the Christmas shopping and wrapping done yesterday. Now I have another thousand things to do, but it will get done (or at least most of it...)

I am getting nervous again. I was fine for the last two weeks but last night I woke up in the middle of the night and started thinking about the surgery, the "what ifs..."

I know this is the right thing to do and that this is the time to do it, but the unknown and uncertainty looms close.

Let's all keep posting--it definitely lessens the fear. I cannot imagine being without this site. No computer or interent failure allowed !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register