Does anybody else have the flu/sinus infection? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anybody else have the flu/sinus infection? Does anybody else have the flu/sinus infection?

Unread 11-26-2000, 08:12 AM
Does anybody else have the flu/sinus infection?

Hi Ladies,

I'm not going to gripe just want to see if I was the only one. I went for my post op visit on Tues. and Wed. made 3 weeks post op. Got the okay to drive again. Yipee! Wed. night I started with a fever. I called last night and am now on Sudafed, Robitussin DM and anitbiotic for secondary infection. Haven't been out of the house since Wed. All I do is sleep, get up check my e-mails, nibble a little, drink lots of fluids and go back to bed.

I was starting to get a little energy and was able to get out 30 minutes at a time when this hit.

Am I the only one with the "bug"? Misery loves company.

Write soon.

"C"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2000, 10:15 AM

Don;t worry, misery is not alone. I started with a cold about five weeks ago now. Straight to my sinuses so on the sudafed. Two weeks later lovely cold sore on my top lip thought great it must be on its way out. Obviously spoke too soon, week last Friday woke up with another cold sore and yes back with the sinus pain and cold. Marvelous. Must admit the sudafed is very good now they do it in tablet form, the old liquid form the doc used to describe either went down the sink or stayed in the bottle till the next drugs amnesty at the chemist. Luckily though I am four months post op now - my it only seems like weeks, energy levels were great till this hit.

Hopefully by having it now we will be fine for Christmas.

Keep Smiling
Unread 11-26-2000, 10:31 AM

Hi Balaru, "C"
Don't feel alone. Misery loves company. There must be something on the air that finds us hyster sisters. I have been complaining of my asthma acting up since LAVH Nov 1st, then when I went for my 2 week post op I seemed to have brought the germs home and after another trip to the Dr for my asthma, I now have cold/flu/sinus symptoms. Almost as soon as I could drive and go places I got sick. And since I cough my head off, guess where it hurts? So,I guess we are all in this together. Pass the tissues please, and lets have a swig of cough meds, too.
P.S. Now I have passed the germs to son and he has been sick since Thanksgiving--Happy turkey day Mom and Dad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2000, 04:37 PM

All right!!! Others with "the bug"!! I can't believe this! I told my hubby today that I don't even remember what's bothering me post-surgery because this darned virus is so consuming. My throat is more sore than it's ever been and I mostly whisper. Am living on Sudafed and throat lozenges with little relief, not to mention no energy!!!!!

I called MD-on-call today just because hospital instructions say "call if you get a cold". He said this virus is really hitting hard this year (I'm in SE Michigan) and is a sore throat, slight fever, cough, sinus headache. Told me to check with my regular MD tomorrow if I don't feel better (after having this for about 4 days now) just to make sure it's not an infection that should be treated with antibiotics.

Kind of yucky, but hey. . maybe it's a reminder for us to really really not overdo it. .. it wouldn't be possible!

Take care,
Jo
Unread 11-26-2000, 05:28 PM

Jo,

I agree. What hysterectomy? Just get me to breathe and swallow again please! (LOL) By the way it's not just up north I'm in Louisiana.

I think the antibiotic helped. I can't say I feel better just different. Not quite as miserable (LOL)

I hope we are all well by Christmas! I'm getting the bug to start decorating for Christmas. I know that I will be the director and not really be able to decorate but I'm still ready to be out of the bedroom and changing things up a bit!

Hope ya'll all feel better soon. Thanks for listening.

"C"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register