No more estrogen after cardiac stents and blood clots... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No more estrogen after cardiac stents and blood clots... No more estrogen after cardiac stents and blood clots...

Unread 06-23-2004, 10:26 AM
No more estrogen after cardiac stents and blood clots...

I had LAVH/BSO with large posterior rectocele repair on 1/16/02. I had all kinds of problems for about a year and then I started to feel good again. In February of this year I had a diagnostic cardiac catheterization and they found 90% blockage in the main artery and inserted a stent. After eight hours (in the middle of the night) while recuperating in the hospital, I had a massive heart attack. They put me back into cath. lab and inserted a smaller stent through the first stent. My blood had clotted around the stent. When I finally was back home 3 days, after 8 days in the hospital, I developed blood clots in my right log. Back to the hospital flat on my back on Heparin for 7 days. I have been on 7 mg a day of Coumadin ever since for the blood clots and weekly trips to the lab for blood check. In April I was back at the hospital due to extreme heaviness on my chest. Back to the cath. lab and they found that I had in-stent restenosis (a blockage inside the stent due to scar tissue). They did intra vascular radiotherapy where small doses of radiation are delivered into the stents. So, to make my long story short, I was told by my cardiologist never to take estrogen again and I also have to be very very careful as far as herbal remedies due to the blood thinner medication -Coumadin. Since they took my Premarin away from me, I am back with terrible insomnia. I don’t know what to take. This web site has helped me tremendously during the time of hysterectomy. I have been searching for a similar web site for people after heart attack or after problems with stents. Or maybe there is someone among you sisters who might have had some of my problems? I sure could use someone to talk to. I get so afraid , especially at night when I cannot sleep. Renate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2004, 12:12 PM

Hi,

It sounds like you have been through a lot with blockages and stents. I am sorry you had to go through all this.
My Dad just recently has been in and out for the same thing. His dr did give him something for insomnia, but he is not on Coumadin. I would ask your what he suggests for insomnia and if you can take anything.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. I hope you find something you can take to help with the insomnia.

s
Unread 06-23-2004, 12:29 PM

(((Renate))):

There's a group called "WomenHeart" http://www.womenheart.org/ that may be able to help you. It's specific to women with heart disease, with both support and education functions. You may be able to find some answers there -- a lot more women over there will have had similar experiences.

Did they use one of the new stents that releases anti-clotting factors this last time? They're supposed to really reduce the risk of repeat problems.

Big to you for all you've been through!

Audrey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register