Well, it looks like I'm off to the gyn/onc.... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well, it looks like I'm off to the gyn/onc.... Well, it looks like I'm off to the gyn/onc....

Unread 06-24-2004, 04:54 AM
Hi Jeanine,

My prayers and thoughts are also with you... I'm glad it was caught early. As Maureenie mentioned, we never really get back to the "normal" days. But we forge ahead and stay strong because we're not alone here. It sounds like your doctor knows his/her stuff and you're in good hands. I know it will all turn out OK in the end ... since I can't hug you in person, I'm telling you that I'm hugging you very,very hard right now! I keep saying it ...I HATE this disease, it doesn't make sense to me. But we are going to beat this!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 10:57 AM
In situ...

Dear Jeanine,
I personally know several people who have had full blown recurrences who have lived longer than people without cancer. You're lucky to have a good gyn, and I'm sure they'll do everything in their power to keep it from recurring. I personally had a bad one, when I was diagnosed with in Situ at 24, I was sent away packing as though the problem was a closed case. No mention of the possibility of future cancer at all, just like it a normal pap smear. Good luck and always look on the bright side!
-Kate
Unread 06-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Well, it looks like I'm off to the gyn/onc....

Oh, Jeanine. I'm so sorry for this bump in the road. :-( I hope that's is easily treatable.

I have often wondered how long someone can live with cancer that is untreated. When they find cells, how long will it take for those cells to really prove troublesome? I guess I will never know the answer to that. I sometimes think that everyone is walking around with some kind of cancer, and it just doesn't always grow.

I hope you will let us know what your gyn/onc says, and what the next line of treatment will be. I'm thinking about you and sending you big s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 08:13 AM

I was so hoping you'd get the all clear. Your ambivalence is normal. It is terrific that it was caught so early but unfair there is any "it" at all. I send you my best thoughts and will be looking to see what your gyn/onc proposes for treatment. Hugs.
Unread 06-25-2004, 06:16 PM

Jeanine,
sorry to read about the recurrence, I was hoping for better news.
Hang in there, you always have a positive outlook on life, it will bring you thru. You are in my prayer's.
Andrea
Unread 06-29-2004, 02:43 PM

Oh, Jeanine ~ I am so sorry that this is happening to you. Please know that I am available for you always. You helped me through those tough treatment times and I will always remember that.
You are forever in my heart and prayers ~ sending those big old hugs of support and always holding your cyber hand ......
Unread 06-29-2004, 04:52 PM

I'm sorry Jeanine! But you are so very strong that I believe you will beat this bout too. Many to you!!
Unread 06-29-2004, 05:19 PM

Jeanine

I've been so wrapped up in my own problems, that I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, that I am wishing you nothing but the best at your appt.

You have been such a help to me...and I know that all will work out well for you.
Unread 06-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Let me add more advice

NEVER WASTE A GOOD PANIC. I had to say it! We'll be with you there in spirit with the gyn/onc and you have the right Dr. for the job. Just update us as soon as possible.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register