Could you help me understand my patho report? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Could you help me understand my patho report? Could you help me understand my patho report?

Unread 06-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Could you help me understand my patho report?

Hello,

I haven't posted in a while but I have a few ? that I though more experienced people here could help me with. I had my Leep procedure done last Tuesday and I called today to find out about my patho report.

I was worried about it b/c he said if it was bad that maybe I would be having to have a hysto done, and I wanted to get that done before I start back to school again in the Fall. I am in nursing school and it is very hard to take off anytime at all, so I wanted this taken care of this summer so that it would not be on my mind.

I talked to a girl in the doc's office and she said I am not a nurse but I can read this to you. It reads:

They found Cin I, Cin II, Was also in the endo cervical canal, which she said sounds like they did not get it all, Margins free of Severe and moderate, which she said that sounds like they didn't get it all cause it would have said CLEAR if they did but mine says free?

I go in 5 weeks to see the doc and I know he will go over this with me. I know that a hysto would be the most secure procedure to get rid of this for sure, but she also said I could get another Leep, or a hysto in the Fall.

I can't wait that long for the Fall, b/c I am in school and I know that sounds so bad to put school before my health but I have been at this for 3 years and I would have to wait a whole year to complete school and retake my Fall classes. I can't do that.

Does anyone know what Free means? I thought that the Leep procdure was pretty easy and has anyone had more than one of those? Is this really slow growing? Cause Last year I was fine and this year I was not so that doesn't sound to slow to me?? Also being in the Endo Cervical Canal doesn't sound good to me, does anyone know about that??

I was so hoping to hear CLEAR margins.

Thanks so much inadvance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Re: Could you help me understand my patho report?

Quote:
Originally posted by juls35

I talked to a girl in the doc's office and she said I am not a nurse but I can read this to you. It reads:

They found Cin I, Cin II, Was also in the endo cervical canal, which she said sounds like they did not get it all, Margins free of Severe and moderate, which she said that sounds like they didn't get it all cause it would have said CLEAR if they did but mine says free?
I would call and talk to the doctor if you have any questions about the path report. I am not a doctor nor a pathologist but in my opinion when it said "margins free of severe and moderate" I would assume that would mean the same as Clear, but that is only my opinion.

Like I said I would call the doctor about the path report and ask him what is ment by what it says. I would also tell him what the girl in the office had told you. In my opinion if she isn't a nurse she shouldn't have even read your report to you, but instead refered you to his nurse or to the doctor himself. But I could be wrong in that it is just my opinion.

Best wishes and God Bless
Unread 06-23-2004, 01:03 PM
Could you help me understand my patho report?

I wouldn't wait for my appointment. I'd call and ask for the doctor to call me back, that I have questions about my results. Then I'd tell him just what you've told us. IF he's going to recommend a hysterectomy, there's no reason in the world why it can't be scheduled earlier rather than later to suit YOUR convenience. Call and keep calling if you have to, until you get to talk to the doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register