Myself pelvic exerciser-anyone every try it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Myself pelvic exerciser-anyone every try it? Myself pelvic exerciser-anyone every try it?

Unread 06-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Myself pelvic exerciser-anyone every try it?

After being told by my doctor that I have a slight vaginal prolapse, I began looking for something that would help me exercise my pelvic muscles. I tried doing kegels but wasn't sure if I was using the right muscles. I came across an item called "Myself" pelvic muscle exerciser and decided to order it. I've only been using it a couple of days but I really like it. It has a little screen which shows you the strength of your muscle contractions - the exercise routine takes five minutes. It's too soon to tell if it is working for me yet, but I thought I'd share this with anyone looking for something to help them with prolapse problems.

Has anyone ever tried this, and if so, did it help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2004, 05:13 PM

Hi there

While I've never heard of this product, it sounds like it's trying to emulate some of the work performed by pelvic therapists who use biofeedback technology to help with pelvic pain and weakened pelvic floor issues.

Please, do let us know if it works
Unread 06-24-2004, 12:03 AM

I would like to know how this compares to the biofeedback units used in pelvic physical therapy, sounds very similar.

Hope someone else comes along to add more info to this interesting tidbit.

Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 02:47 AM

Where did you get this from, barco? After my 2nd prolapse I am going to do my best to keep these dear old muscles in good shape....as my surgeon said I should do these exercises for life, I am very interested in this product.
More details please.
If you are not allowed to advertise this on the open site, please could you send me a private msg about it.
Unread 06-24-2004, 05:41 PM

Scriv,
When my doctor told me I had a slight vaginal prolapse, I began searching the internet for kegel exercisers. I have been doing them on and off by myself, but was never sure if I was doing them right or not. I came across this product, "Myself personal pelvic muscle trainer". It said it is the only pelvic trainer approved by the FDA. What caught my attention about this was that it said you could see the strength of your muscle contractions. I found it on the site "Drugstore.com". They did have it on other sites, but this seemed to be the cheapest. It cost $89.95. I kind of hesitated because it was a bit expensive, but knew I needed to do something before it was too late, so I decided to give it a try. It arrived in three days from when I placed my order. It is a small unit (the size of a small calculator) that has a thin tube attached. You also get two sensors (one is an extra). The sensors also have a long thin tube attached. What you do is connect the tubes (they are long so you have plenty of slack) between the sensor and unit. The sensor has a plastic handle and a "balloon" at the end. The balloon is a thin plastic covering. You insert the sensor into your vagina (I use a little lubricating gel). It is kind of like inserting a tampon. It is very comfortable, so don't worry about that. Once it's in, you turn on the unit. There is a button to press which slightly pumps up the sensor balloon. Then on the screen of the unit it will say "flex" - that's when you do you kegel contraction. As you are doing it a curved line should appear. The stronger your contraction, the more lines you will see. Right now I only see one line (sometimes two show up for a brief second), but you can see probably as much as five lines. "Flex" stays on the screen for a count of 10 - during this time you are holding the contraction, then "relax" comes on the screen, and you relax for 10 seconds. It will then repeat this for about four minutes. Then you have one minute of quick muscle contractions where flex, relax repeat without the countdown. The unit is totally silent, so you don't have any noise at all.

That's pretty much it. I've only been using it for a few days now, but I really don't mind doing the kegels now. It helps me knowing that I am using the right muscles, and as time progresses, I hope I will see more lines show up on the screen to show me I am getting strong pelvic muscles. I am glad I bought it. If you decide to get it, you will see refills you can order for about $9.00. I ordered them, but I don't think you really need to get them right away, but if you get them later you will have to pay postage again. They are replacement "balloons", but the one on the unit lasts for about four weeks. I liked that they gave two sensors, also. It's nice just to have an extra one.

You also get a small bag to keep the unit in. I am very pleased with it and feel like I am doing something proactive in this prolapse problem.

Barb
Unread 06-24-2004, 06:29 PM

It sounds as though this unit is performing some of the work that is done through Biofeedback therapy. The only difference I can see is that Biofeedback, in addition to displaying the strength of your contractions and to telling you when to contract and when to relax, also sends impulses to stimulate contractions. It sounds as though this device is a viable alternative to therapy.
Unread 06-25-2004, 02:03 AM

Thanks barb for all the info. I shall def follow that up. I am very conscientiously dong my exercises, but like you did, I wonder if I am doing them correctly.
I will have to see if Myself is available for the uk market.
Thanks again!
Unread 06-25-2004, 07:36 AM
I think that I will get one!!

I too am afraid of not doing Kegels correctly and really feel that I have lost a lot of control of muscles there. I am glad I came to the "Road" today and saw your post....

thanks for the info and hope it works, I will let you all know when I have gotten mine and how I do with it....

jody
Unread 06-26-2004, 10:02 AM

Good luck - I really think you will like using this exerciser. Don't forget for use a little lubricating gel - it makes it much easier to insert.

I forgot to mention that a year ago I had a TVH for a prolapsed uterus. I've been doing kegels on an off for the past year, but honestly I haven't been too faithful in doing them regularly. Part of the problem I think was not know if I was doing them right and if they were helping at all. Knowing that more prolapse problems are on the way, I am really excited about this. I will let you know how I am doing, and please if you decide to get this product, keep me posted on your progress.

Barb
Unread 06-26-2004, 04:12 PM

Can you use it standing up? Or do you lie down or sit? Do you have to have private time...I never have any! Is it something you can use doing chores?

I am really curious. I know my muscles are not strong at all since my hyst. I fell apart muscle wise down there from not doing anything for sooo long. I fell out of the loop.

Thanks Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register