well... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-23-2004, 09:45 PM
well...

I posted a few weeks ago about my lymphoma scare. I had thought that this was just a scare. I got a call from the Cancer Center today. I have an appointment tomorrow. I am pretty sure that the appointment is in regards to my pap. They did say though that they want my slides that the other doc did. The slides they are referring to are a peripheral smear that was ordered because of the lymphoma concern.

Anyway, I am having some biopsies tomorrow. At least that is what I was told. I didn't really have the where-with-all to ask questions. It is a 2 hour drive at least each way. I hate driving on expressways. I freak out. That whole merge thing escapes me.

My "best friend" was supposed to go with me, but she asked me to call and reschedule the appointment because she has a HAIR APPOINTMENT!!! I was very calm and told her that since they called today and want me there tomorrow, I really do NOT think that rescheduling is in my best interest.

I am really bummed. A little scared. But worst of all, I feel so alone. I am going to the appointment by myself tomorrow. They recommended against it when they called and told me about the appointment, but, I have no other option. I didn't know when I was talking to the clinic that I would be going alone. Oh well, it is time for me to toughen up a little I guess.

Thanks for listening....or reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2004, 10:00 PM
well...

I'm so sorry! Bless you heart....I hate that you have to make that trip alone...please know that we are with you in spirit. We're here to support you and it's our pleasure to do so. Good luck tomorrow, hope everything is fine!
Unread 06-23-2004, 10:13 PM
well...

Your not going alone.........all your sisters are going with you!
You will be in my thoughts and prayers tommarrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 02:30 AM
well...

No really , we will be there with you in spirit, i'm so sorry you are having to go through this at all, never mind with such an air-head 'friend' for so called support. I sooo sympathise with the driving thing I only just passed my driving test this year and I am 43!!!! I was just getting confident and yup you guessed it now I cant drive for at least 6 weeks - aaaarggh!!! anyway I sure hope you can feel the support from all your sisters behind you when you need at your appointment. hang in there and let us all know how it goes.
Unread 06-24-2004, 02:33 AM
well...

Found a sitter for the kids so I'm going to your appointment too.
Unread 06-24-2004, 02:40 AM
well...

We will all be there in spirit.I understand the driving thing too.I do not drive at all.Have my license but hurts my back to bad and am a big chicken.God is with you.Please let us know how your appt. goes.My prayers are with you.Judy
Unread 06-24-2004, 05:40 AM
well...

I know that by the time that you read this you will have already been to the apointment. But just remember that all your hystersister will be there in spirit. I am praying that you will be safe on the highways and that the appointment goes well.

God Bless and take care
Unread 06-24-2004, 05:46 AM
well...

You ladies are all so wonderful. I am leaving here in three hours. I am more nervous about the trip than the appointment itself!!! I called the Center and a nice lady there gave me directions for "the long way". This way I can completely avoid I-94. Plus, she managed to give me directions around most of the construction.

I will let you all know how it goes. Hopefully it is not too painful! (not sure if I am talking about the biopsies or the driving...lol)

Oh....here's a funny little story before I sign out....
Yesterday when they called the secretary or whatever she is was talking about the biopsies and she was trying to tell me what kind. She said vaginal and vulvar and that in reference to the slides I may need some lymphnode biopsies which yet another doc will deal with that. Then she said something about possibly an endometrial biopsy. I told her that her doc must be REALLY good. She replied that he was. I said, well he is better than you think because I don't HAVE an endometrium....they took that when they took my uterus!! I thought she would die laughing! She finally admitted that would be difficult then and that she had mis-spoken.
Unread 06-24-2004, 07:47 AM
well...

Hi Amy , I wished you were closer I could of went with you for support. iI noticed you wont be driveing on I 94 I live 45 minutes south of Chicago In Indiana. ANd we all know how I 94 is thank god you wont be in rush hour too. Good luck with your visit and let us know how you are doing. YOu are in my prayers.
Unread 06-24-2004, 08:40 AM
well...

Amy, you are probably just leaving for your appt and I too wish I could go with you. I am about to leave for morning mass and say a prayer, that you get there and back safely, and that it is a good appt. I hope all your tests come back clear.
I am not at all afaid of driving , but many people are afraid of driving with me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register