Another bad day...need hugs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another bad day...need hugs Another bad day...need hugs

Unread 06-24-2004, 08:23 AM
Another bad day...need hugs

Hello ladies! I know you are all probably really tired of hearing my constant whining and complaining, however, I have no-one else talk to.

My meds were changed a week ago today. GP took me off Effexor and Elavil and Feldene. Replaced those with Anaprox 550mg 2 x day, Risperdal 1 mgs 2x a day, and Prozac 20 mg @ bedtime. I also take Soma 4x daily and my blood pressure meds. Had my Lupron shot 2 weeks ago today. Had a fairly easy few weeks with the exception of debilitating pain and nausea on Saturday. Thought these meds were actually getting me somewhere as my mood has improved too.

Well, today is horrible! My feet are swollen again. My legs and feet are aching unbelievably. My hips and back are TIGHT and I can barely stay awake. I'm at work, where I need to be for financial reasons, but don't have a clue how I'm going to make until 5 pm and then an hour drive home. Of course, this is taking it's toll on my mood as well.

The situation with my GP is such that I would have to drive there and personally speak with him to make sure the the info was relayed properly (can't do that from work.) My Gyn appointment isn't until the 12th. I just don't know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 08:57 AM

Oh, sweetie!! I am so sorry!!!!

s

Well, I doubt you are very effective at work considering all that is going on. So, my advice is to take off today and go see the GP. I think it would be very instructive for him to see you now. Please go, if you can!!!
Unread 06-24-2004, 10:06 AM

I really wish I could, but I took last Friday off (to be with my kids) and simply can't afford to not be here again. You are right, I'm not very productive, but bodies seem to be more the issue with my employer. I guess I shouldn't complain since I'm being paid. But, I wish I could just crawl in the bed, pull the covers over my head and ignore this blasted day!

Thanks for listening....again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 11:02 AM

Hi,

I'm so sorry your having a bad day. Here's a big ((HUG)) just for you! My friend had a problem getting her messages to her dr too. She ended up getting a E-mail adress from her dr, and a scerect code word from him, so she knows it's him, not the nurse. It's worth asking your dr. if you could do this to.
Unread 06-24-2004, 12:13 PM

Great idea, Kim. A lot of docs have e-mail now, maybe that would be an answer. Couldn't hurt to ask.
Unread 06-24-2004, 01:06 PM

Yes, that is a wonderful Kim. This is a small, backwards town so, I he may not even have e-mail, but it's worth asking! I know I can't count on his staff -- for sure.

Thankfully, I'm feeling somewhat better this afternoon. I could still go to bed, but wouldn't have to pull the covers over my head now.
Unread 06-24-2004, 06:53 PM

Oh ((((Bill's))))) I'm so sorry you've, unexpectedly, ended up having such a hard time today... it's especially frustrating when you think that all is well and then end up having a set back

Hopefully, this is just a temporary setback and, tomorrow, will be a much better day

BTW, it's sometimes surprising how forward some of those backward towns are Hopefully, the e-mail idea is a viable one for you.

Please, do take care and try to rest as much as possible, tonight. Let us know how you're doing.
Unread 06-25-2004, 08:24 AM

Well, last night was beyond horrible. My legs and feet and back hurt so bad. I could not get the pain under control and my ankles were so, so swollen. I even resorted to trying ice packs on them and then a heating pad....didn't help though. I finally got to sleep about midnight only to have DBF getting up at 4 a.m. to get ready for work.

Today, I'm feeling a little better but still have some swelling and achiness in my legs and feet. I'm at work again. Need the $ plus my GP doesn't get to his office until 1 pm. Gonna see how the morning progresses and then will call his office. I'm gonna ask about an e-mail address, but if it comes down to it I may leave early and go in. Not wanting to get caught in the weekend without pain relief.

Thanks for the support ladies. Don't know what I'd do without ya'll!
Unread 06-25-2004, 04:17 PM

(((Bill's)))) Just wanted to send extra s your way. Hopefully, you've now seen your doctor and, finally, have some pain relief

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register