i'm alive!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-24-2004, 06:30 PM
i'm alive!!!

hi ya'll

it hs been so very long since i have been gone. My husband left me and my son. He just could not handle the cancer and all the problemls it left behind. He was so angry all trhe time life was sscary.Many of us have eperienced the same thing. Hussnds jusnt cannot handle things ands women have to be stron as steel.I am so very tire. Yet at he same time it feels like Easter. I am alive againl. I have been so dead for so long fighting cancer and fighting for my life . At the same time I have been rasing a toddler. Whew!lucky SI have this group of sisters, I knkow I have support and I am not alone.

All of us have Easter, we are survivors and are strong women.

It gets overwhelming all the sudden being a single mother. Especialw when the cancerhead wakse up again. At the present I am staying with my parents bsescause of all the diabetes csrshes. Mynew ex- is trying to use my health and the cancer fight against me to stake custody of my son..It gets scary

Thanks fo rlistenling and I have missed you alll, so glad to be back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi Littlebird,

I'm so sorry to hear about your problem. If your husband walked out on you, he wasn't meant to be the one for you. Do you have other family or close friends that can help and support you? Get yourself a good lawyer or legal help to fight the custody battle -with all that you are going through with the cancer you sure don't need all this added stress! We are all hear for you ...to support and wish you well. Don't give up, keep your spirits up, there are people that will come along in your life that will appreciate you. I will think of you in my prayers. Please keep in touch with us and let us know how you're doing.
Unread 06-24-2004, 07:40 PM
i'm alive!!!

Valeri,

I am so sorry for all that you have been thru. It is sad tjat your husband couldn't handle it and walked out. It is good that yopu have your parents to help you. I like what you said about Easter. Endings often bring new beginning, a new life and many possibilites. I pray you get custody of your son and have many joy filled years of raising him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 07:46 PM
i'm alive!!!

Hi, Valerie, and welcome back. It's good to hear from you and I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. I guess, fortunately or unfortunately, our true colors generally come out when times get tough. It's sad that your husband felt he had to leave.

You're right that we're called upon to be very strong and I guess that's it: I didn't know how strong I was until after I went through this cancer.

Stay close and let us know how youre doing.
Unread 06-25-2004, 05:28 AM
i'm alive!!!

Dear Valeri...I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. If your husband left you when you needed him most that means you are probably better off without him. If he is using your illness to gain custody of your son then shame on him. You are not dead but very much alive. I know this fight is hard but like you said you are strong when you need to be. You have women here that care about you very much. Parents are wonderful aren't they. Be well.

Bertha
Unread 06-26-2004, 10:15 AM
i'm alive!!!

Hi Valeri, you have already shown great strength in the face of much adversity, while your ex ran away turning his back on his family. Please get yourself good legal counsel to ensure your son remains in your custody. I will keep you in prayer asking in the prescious name of the One who rose on Easter that you continue to receive strength, courage and hope. Please come back often and let us know how your are doing.
s and blessings, peggiesue
Unread 06-26-2004, 12:06 PM
i'm alive!!!

(((Valeri))):

Check with your social worker at the hospital, or call the local chapter of the American Cancer Society. You're not the first spouse who's been threatened like this -- a lawyer told my DH and me, when my stepson's mom was diagnosed with melanoma, that "well, here's your chance to take him away from her." It was a thought that we'd never considered (this was at a party we were at -- we weren't seeking custody in any way at that time). So, since this may be a common tactic, perhaps the cancer society can put you in touch with an attorney who understands the whole battle -- and who can help you get the support (especially financial) that you deserve!

I love your analogy to Easter. I've lived in an abusive, angry relationship before, and leaving that was the most liberating thing I've ever done!

Audrey
Unread 06-26-2004, 04:34 PM
i'm alive!!!

Littlebird,

It was so nice to see you posting, but I am sorry to hear about your news.

You have been through a lot, and you have shown yourself to be a brave and strong young woman. Please remember that we are all here for you. Like others have posted, please get legal counsel re: custody.

big s
Unread 06-27-2004, 06:19 PM
i'm alive!!!

hi ya'll
ohmy goodness, God gives so much love doesn't he?!We have all been thru the same cancer fight. I love all and thank yoku for your prayers. It is so great to know I am not alone and Jesus will hear our payers.Because I am staying with my parents due to diabetes out of control from radiaiton, I am on their computer. It sure does help tonsns to be back.yay smile Praise the Lord
Unread 06-28-2004, 04:03 PM
i'm alive!!!

Your husband doesn't deserve you, or your son. He didn't leave because of the cancer -- he left because he is a coward. God bless you and your son.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register