bladder difficulties | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder difficulties bladder difficulties

Unread 06-24-2004, 09:52 PM
bladder difficulties

Did anyone have trouble with bladder? First it stopped working after TAH so they put cath. back in (3x) . They sent me home with it for 5 to 6 days. So then they said I had UTI went on meds. Now it seems I have alot of trouble starting with alot of pain.

Anyone out there have this happen?
I am 4 weeks out.
Take care
als
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 09:58 PM
bladder difficulties

Yes I did. I'm just 8 days post op but it did scare me. I didnt have to have a cath put back in but I was worried. I thought I had a infection so he put me on Leviquin but tis still doing it. He said he had to cut my uterus away from my bladder. Pretty scary stuff. Hope we get better soon!! I had a Tah aslo.
Unread 06-24-2004, 10:24 PM
bladder difficulties

I feel like I'm having bad spasms in my bladder when I pee. Doc told me that he had to somewhat "peel" my uterus off of my bladder. OUCH! - Starting urination is a little hesitant, but it gets started. Keeping the flow going hurts. And I feel like I'm not urinating very much. About halfway through my bladder lets me know it's there and then it gets hard to empty it. Geeezzz it hurts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 10:28 PM
bladder difficulties

Thats exactly what Im doing to a T!! Im so glad its just not me..( not that I want it to be you to) but it was so scary!!! He said he had to cut mine apart to. Hope we get better soon!! I hate this feeling!!!
Unread 06-24-2004, 10:29 PM
bladder difficulties

I have ti add that the Dr said the spasams are normal and it takes time to heal
Unread 06-25-2004, 05:09 AM
bladder difficulties

I have also noticed some discomfort/pain with urination. Believe it or not, I've never had a UTI (I'm 51) so not sure what it feels like, but when I go, it starts hurting toward the end so is that a spasm?

Mimi
Unread 06-25-2004, 06:18 AM
bladder difficulties

I had the same problem urinating for the first couple weeks. My Dr. also had to peel the uterus off of my bladder, then had tons of scar tissue to take off of the bladder. He said it took him a lot of extra time due to this. I had to really concentrate on what I was doing at times to make myself go. Keep drinking lots of water. It does get better.
Peggy
Unread 06-25-2004, 06:49 AM
bladder difficulties

Thanks, Peggy, for the reassurance - I am experiencing the same thing. My bladder was adhered to anything it was near . .

Esme

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register