Has anybody had TAH with burch? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anybody had TAH with burch? Has anybody had TAH with burch?

Unread 06-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Has anybody had TAH with burch?

Hi,

Just wondered if anybody has had a TAH with burch. I am going in for mine on July 15th and would appreciate any tips you would like to share.

THANKS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 04:42 PM

I'm not sure what a Burch procedure is, but I wanted to say hi and wish you the best of luck. If you don't get very many responses here, you might want to try posting in the post-op section - maybe someone who had it done will see it there.

Unread 06-25-2004, 04:58 PM

I had a TAH with a burch on June 1. I had a suprapubic catheter which I had to come home with. It takes a little longer to void on your own with bladder repair. I came home with the catheter on Friday and had to keep a record of what I could pee...and what was residual. My doctor took the catheter out on Tues. and the staples also. It has been working fine ever since. Take it easy and everything will work out fine. Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 09:19 PM

Four years ago I had a TAH with a Burch procedure. Everything worked out well. My quality of life has been GREATLY improved. Everyone is different & heals at different rates. Be prepared to REST, REST, REST & give your body TIME to heal. My doctor wanted me to get out of bed & use the restroom the second day after surgery so my catheter was removed the 2nd day. I had no problems whatsoever using the restroom.
Unread 06-25-2004, 09:46 PM

Hi I had TAH and burch in Feb. - had to come home with cath and that was a drag (pun) intended sorry had to keep in for a week at home but easy enough to remove afterward and definitely much better now that everythings is healed. Used to bathroom at least 20 times a day or so it seemed before surgery.

Try and drink lots of fluids to keep stools soft after surgery which will make recovery less stressful. Let nurses know if you need stool softner which they will provide. I kept prunes at home to help things along for first two weeks. My doc explained procedure to me and actually helped ease some of stress knowing what was going to be done. I asked for tips to help with recovery. Defintely feel like I can enjoy quality of life now without having to worry about where nearest bathroom is everytime I went out. Take things easy and rest as much as you can during your recovery.

Just my Best of luck to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register