Surgery On Monday !! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery On Monday !! Surgery On Monday !!

Unread 06-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Surgery On Monday !!

Hello again sisters!

I posted a couple days ago under "Scaired to Death", but I thought best to start this new post.

Well, the dr. pulling my results appt. up was not good new. I am just beside myself and don't know which way to turn.

This Dr. was my GP (i'm in an HMO). Anyways, abdominal bloating, etc, for the last couple weeks. Always had IBS, but this was way worse.

GP said today that the CT scan showed a tumor on my right ovary about the size of a baseball. He did a CA level...(not a CA125) which had my level at 5.5. He felt this was elevated, but not too bad. So, he calls my GYN who did my hyster almost 3 years ago. I go over there, get the exam, and am scheduled for surgery Monday afternoon at 3:00

Sisters, I am so scaired. I just want this tumor out NOW! GYN called the hospital and had them run a CA125 from the first blood draw, but said that takes a few days. They seem to believe it is ovarian cancer.

Can anyone help me? Let me know please what I should be looking at. I want to be sure to do the right things....The GP was even talking chemo, etc....but my GYN seems to want to get in and see, but says the CT scan showed the tumor to be of a material consistent with ovarian Ca.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I'm sure I will be online all weekend researching....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Surgery On Monday !!

I am sorry that I cant offer you much more than 's, but I did want you to know that there are many women on this board that will come by and answer any and all questions that you may have.

I do know what you mean by wanting what ever it is out benign or otherwise. I had a pelvic mass and a CA-125 that was 235 (normal 0 - 35), I didn't hesitate with the surgery. The chemo and anything that I would've had to endure would be minor compared to the live that I wanted to live. Although I didn't have ovarian cancer that scare prompted me to have the surgery that probably saved my life in the end. I feel that if I didn't have the surgery who knows when I would have been diagnosised with my cervical cancer.

I do wish you the best with your surgery and hope that the tumor is benign.

God Bless
Unread 06-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Surgery On Monday !!

Hi Jane

Thanks for your reply. How big was your pelvic mass?

The size of mine, and the speed of which my belly has swollen scares me to death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Surgery On Monday !!

Well, mine was over 5 inches, with a Ca-125 of 200 -- and it was benign -- at least, as benign as stage IV endo could be!

I did have an oncologist for my surgery, and I see you're addressing that concern on another thread...

Big s to you,

Audrey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register