private or semi-private | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

private or semi-private private or semi-private

Unread 06-26-2004, 09:31 PM
private or semi-private

What kind of room did you have at the castle and what were the pros/cons? I'm thinking of paying the extra $$ to have a private room because I'm such a private person. I also think it would be quieter because I wouldn't have to listen to other's visitors, etc?

Did you have a preference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2004, 09:34 PM
private or semi-private

The hospital I went to only had private rooms. This was truly a blessing because it was much easier to rest, I controlled the remote (for the first time ever!), and I didn't have to worry if I had visitors. My friend was in a different hospital at the same time and she had the roommate from you know where. If you have a choice and can pay the extra money, it is well worth it to have a private room.
Unread 06-26-2004, 09:34 PM
private or semi-private

I opted for the private room. Ask the hospital, and if they have the room, there is no extra charge to have it. I was fortunate enough to stay in the model suite, which they used to show the room to financers who helped them fund the new hospital. Very nice, large room with one bed, and looked more like a hotel room rather than a hospital room. Just ask, they will be more than willing to help, if they can.. Diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2004, 09:37 PM
private or semi-private

The hospital I went to was made up of all private rooms. The only drawback was that it was on the maternity floor with all of the new Mom's and their precious babies. It made me so sad.~Moonchime
Unread 06-26-2004, 10:21 PM
private or semi-private

I was in a semi private room on the maternity floor. My room mate also had a lavh same day same dr. we both had dh's for visitors. Room was pretty quiet except for roomies light snoring. Only heard one baby cry all night. But there was a woman screaming and crying down the hall somewhere. If your sensative to noise may want to take some ear plugs.Most of the noise came from other rooms.Take care and good luck!
Sandy
Unread 06-26-2004, 11:09 PM
private or semi-private

I was in a private room and so glad. I really felt I needed my privacy. If need be in the future, I wouldn't have it any other way.
all the best
Unread 06-27-2004, 12:47 AM
private or semi-private

I was greatful for private room. DH spent the first night with me and I was able to get up and move around at 3 am without disturbing anyone.

SE
Unread 06-27-2004, 12:54 AM
private or semi-private

Our hospital only has private rooms. I would opt for the private - tough enough to get sleep being on your own. I was there for 5 days and always seemed to wake up at 3 am. It was the perfect time for a walk and cup of tea. Our rooms also had a roll-away in a bumpout area for someone to stay with me, first night was DH, and the next couple mom stayed.

Good luck at the castle!
Unread 06-27-2004, 03:34 AM
private or semi-private

Oh definetly go for the private room option the first few night i watched tv listened to the radio, read books just got up and looked out of the window, it is worth every penny and i am sure it set me on the road to a good and speedy recovery as I am very shy and would not have dealt with another person very easily.
Unread 06-27-2004, 04:45 AM
private or semi-private

Hi,

I had a good old UK NHS enormous ward. We had lots of hysters, laparoscopies, people with pregnancy problems, all sorts. No men though! Phew!

It kind of passes the time, having the nurses bustling about and things happening all the time, in fact I would rather be on a large ward than just sharing with one other person. A room to yourself would be just perfect, especially if you have a TV.

The worst thing about a large ward was the snoring, and YUK other people being sick, or listening while you are being sick. Bleah!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register