your place | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-26-2004, 10:00 PM
your place

Just wondering if you live in a house or apartment or other? Is it in the city or the country? How long have you lived there? We have lived in our house for almost ten years now, it is about 20 minutes from our state capital. These days more people seem to be renovating there homes rather than moving. I would love to build someday but I guess that will only ever be just a dream. 'Oh well dream away I say". LOL. Kay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2004, 10:11 PM
your place

We live in a house in the city - it is the first house we ever bought - we've been here 21 years. The house is a 2-story built in 1893 which we have restored room by room.

s
Unread 06-26-2004, 10:46 PM
your place

We live in a suburb of a big city. We're not in the country but we don't have to drive far to get there and we don't have to drive far to get the big city either. We do have our own police and fire dept and they are close by too. A quick phone call when something doesn't look right and they are here!

This is our second house, been here 7 years now. Our first house was about a mile down the road in a different subdivision and we lived in that one for 8 years. Just realized we've been in this town for 15 years now. Wow! Time really does fly. We do like it here.

Our current house is a 2 story, with 4 bedrooms. We turned two of the bedrooms into studies, so dh and I each have our own room. We have an inground pool and have just redone the gardens in the backyard. As they say, there's no place like home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2004, 11:07 PM
your place

We live in a house in a small town. We lived in our last house (in a big city) for 26 years and have been in this one for almost two. Everyone thought we'd miss the old house but I can truthfully say I haven't missed it a bit, not even as we drove away the final time!

We had our new house built. It's a 2 story traditional syle home with a nice front porch. I love my house, my neighbors and my neighborhood and feel as though I have always lived here.

Kay, I used to think we'd never be able to build, but it really did happen! I hope your dream comes true too!
Unread 06-27-2004, 03:16 AM
your place

I live in a 1470 square foot 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo in a suburban area. I would not want a house with the responsibility of the yard, etc. My condo is on the first floor of 2 stories. The building was built in 1978. I had a lot of work done to it before I moved into it last year, new kitchen and bathroom cabinets, counters, sinks, toilets, complete paint job, new carpeting in the bedrooms and closets. The rest of the place has tile floors. This is the first property I have owned.
Unread 06-27-2004, 08:27 AM
your place

We live in a 4 bedroom, Cape Cod home in the suburbs of a middle size city, about an hour away from Toronto. It's roughly half way in between Toronto, and Niagara Falls ( U.S. border ).
Generally, I am happy with where we live. There is a lot of greenspace nearby, and it's quite a safe area to raise a family. I wish we had better transit here, as I have to drive my kids to school most days, which makes it hard to get a job. We aren't too far from rural areas either, and some people do build their dream homes close to the suburbs. Hang on to your dreams Kay, it is possible to build the house of your dreams.

Aurora
Unread 06-27-2004, 05:10 PM
your place

we live in a darling little house in the city. It's 600 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath. It's a rental that we would love to buy and fix up but the owner doesn't want to sell. We are kind of looking for a house but living in San Diego it's a challenge. The median price of a home here is now up to 565,000.00......and we aren't rich! Hopefully the bottom will fall out of the market here one of these days and we'll have a prayer of buying!
As for the rest of the anser....My boyfriend has lived here 12 years...I moved in almost 2 years ago.
Unread 06-27-2004, 05:44 PM
your place

I live in a small city and own my house which is about 75 years old. We have lived here for almost all of the 27 years we have been married. We have put in a new bathroom, kitchen, made a bedroom for my DD in the attic and made many, many other repairs over the years. To those of you who have built your dream house..........please tell me how? That dream will never come true for us. Hubby is 57 and set in his ways. The next home I live in will be a retirement home.

Emily
Unread 06-28-2004, 10:24 PM
your place

I live in a very small town about 25 miles east of Houston, Tx. The subdivision is actually split between 2 small towns. We have the address of one and phone exchange numbers from the other. 2 different school districts - how confusing is that?
We built the house we're living in and have been in it for almost 21 years now. It is a 4 bedroom , single floor ( we have a handicapped DD ) on a little over an acre of land. I do love it, although I'd like to do some remodeling.

I don't plan on ever moving, hate packing!!
Unread 06-29-2004, 01:53 AM
your place

We live in a rural area where our home is a two story, four bedroom house. Good size for our family.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register