Please help ---confused??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help ---confused??? Please help ---confused???

Unread 06-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Please help ---confused???

Hey my name is Crystal

I'm 26 years old and I am single although I have a BF. I have endo, severe pelvic pain, and severe pelvic adhesive disease. I had my first lap at the age of 15. I first develop problems around 12 or 13. I stay in pain daily I can't work or do anything. I have had multi laps and laparotomies. I just recently had a lap Sept 1 and the doc took down tons of adhesions but couldn't get to my female organs. I have had a lot of pressure put on me about having a hyster and I don't know if it would help and I'm scrared. I would like to know have any of you had similar problems and if having a hyster help?

Thanks,
Confused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2004, 04:04 AM
confused

Oh Crystal, I feel for you. You are very young and should have lots of questions. It sounds like this is a debilatating disease for you. Do some searches on this site, read lots of stuff about your particular conditions and talk to your doctor a lot. Also maybe talk to a social worker or psychologist. This is a big decision for you, and the more you know about it, the better everything will go for you.
I can't answer your specific questions, my conditions were not like yours and I am middle aged and already had my family. My decision was really a no-brainer, but still hard for me because other people would say, "Oh, don't do that-You don't need that".

In the end it is your decision, just keep researching and you will know what is right to do. Also, I finally had to just trust my doctors although I did get second opinions-you should get more than that I think. And find a ob/gyn that you love, that takes time with you, answers everything. And that you love their office nurses too, because they are the ones you call and talk to when you have more questions.
Best of everything to you. It sounds like you have suffered enough-wish there was treatment for the darn stuff.
Unread 06-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Please help ---confused???

HI, im janeice, i had my partical hyster when i was 31, i felt very alone in the decision i had to make. I dont feel a man can help how u feel about this, only a woman knows how it feels to be " less than". But ur not alone. I hope u have had more than one doctor look at u.... a woman doctor. I had cervical cancer, bleeding all the time, blood cloggs the size of a soft ball. If u decide to do this, Waiting awhile wont hurt u anymore than u do now, just will give u more time, to listen to ur heart and soul, this is where the answer is.
No matter what let it be ur decision, ur the one that it will effect more than anyone.
1stepforlife

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register