Surgery Tomorrow - Doing Bowel Prep!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Tomorrow - Doing Bowel Prep!!!!! Surgery Tomorrow - Doing Bowel Prep!!!!!

Unread 06-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Surgery Tomorrow - Doing Bowel Prep!!!!!

Hello to all LIW and Princesses. My surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30 (I have to be at the castle at 5:30). I figure its about time to start the bowel prep. I have to take milk of magnesia and use an enema. I must say, I'm not looking forward to it AT ALL. Oh well, its just part of the process! I'm hoping that I'm doing it early enough so that I can get a few hours of sleep without having to run to the bathroom every 2 minutes.

Good luck to all princesses to be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2004, 08:06 PM

Hi Future Princess!

I can't help out in the bowel prep department--luckily, I didn't have to do it!! That's a good thing since I am a huge baby about bad-tasting things! Just wanted you to know, you will get through it and I will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow! Hope all goes well and I look forward to hearing from you on the post-op board!

BunnyLover
Unread 06-27-2004, 08:13 PM

I didn't have to do the bowel prep either - thank goodness! Good thing you're surgery's bright and early tomorrow -- it'll be over before you know it. Before you know it you'll be back home relaxing on the couch. We'll all be thinking about you tomorrow. Good luck.

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2004, 08:34 PM

Best wishes!

I have a while to wait (as you can tell) but I'm already dreading the bowel prep thing. But I guess there's no way around it.....

And you'll feel so much better after this is over!

Make sure you let us know how everything goes.
Unread 06-27-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm with you!

My surgery is Tues. and I have to wake up tomorrow and start the bowel prep. I am sooo not looking forward to it. But, then Tues. I have to be at the castle bright and early at 7 am so it will all be over soon.
Good luck to you and see you on the other side!
Cindi
Unread 06-27-2004, 10:29 PM

Hang in there, I think this 48 hour period is the worst. 2 days from now it will be behind you and you will be looking forward. You have a lot of support.
Unread 06-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Wishing you well

Warm wishes.....saying a for you tonight....let us know how things went as soon as you feel up to it...... Soon you'll be a PRINCESS Cant wait for my turn!!!!

sarah
Unread 06-28-2004, 01:17 AM

Hi...Soon you will be an official Princess!! I hope all goes well for you in every way. Remember what everyone tells us here...Rest, rest, rest! . Let us all know how you are when you feel up to it. God Bless!
Love & "s
Eileen (LIW, 7/29/04, can't wait!)
Unread 06-28-2004, 03:19 AM

Hiya Cammy.... my surgery is Monday June 28th also and I just did my bowel prep .... ummmm about 1 hr ago... whew ...... got it over with though... sorry to be so graphic.... I am so scared and my surgery is at 2:30... I will just be so glad to get this over with and move forward..... god I hope I dont chicken out!! Love ya and good luck when Im in my little room I will say a big prayer for you and all the other of us girls having surgery too ok... take care and try and not worry...... believe me.... I am the bigest worry wart of all.... take care

deegeorge

hey pm me when you get home and let me know how it went...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register