Ovarian Cysts?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovarian Cysts?? Ovarian Cysts??

Unread 04-27-2000, 09:59 PM
Ovarian Cysts??

Hi all!! I am 5 months post-op LAVH. About 3 months after my surgery I started developing cysts on my ovaries. I have not had cysts problems in over 7 years and then I may have experienced them 3-4 times. Now I seem to have them constantly. The doctor does not seem to know what is causing them. I had 1 rupture on me back in February and another last night. I think I am in more pain now. Anyway the dr has started me on the depo-prevero shot. He says this will help to shrink them. He also said it may take up to 6 months for me to notice a difference. I guess what I am getting at here is has anyone else developed this problem after their hyst???? Any input would be greatly apreciated!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2000, 07:54 PM
Ovarian Cysts??

I'm sorry Rita, I had my ovaries removed during my hysterectomy. But I'm answering your post so that it will be brought up to the top of the messages in the hopes that someone will see it. I don't want it to get buried too far back.

Catherine, Rhode Island
TAH/BSO 5/25/99
Unread 05-03-2000, 04:37 PM
Ovarian Cysts??

Hi Rita, when I was being given a second opinion before my hyst. my prior gyn's had said "keep you ovaries your only 34, you'll have trouble if you don't" but I had something like 4 cysts in two months rupture on me and this second opinion dr said if I didn't have my ovaries out I would be "nuts" that I would be right back in the hospital within months to have the ovaries taken out as they tend to "cyst up alot" after the uterus is gone......I took her advice not the other twos' and although I'm having some trouble with my hormone therapy I have not had any pain at all, especially not the "knock you to your knees" cyst ruptering kind.....just thought I would share this dr's view with you as she seemed to be the only one being upfront with me....best of luck and if they keep rupturing ask for them out, you don't have to live like this https://www.hystersisters.com/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

https://www.hystersisters.com/ubb/smilies/smile.gif PS. when they took my ovaries out there was another 6cm cyst on my right ovary and a 2cm cyst inside my left fallopian tube just waiting to rupture

https://www.hystersisters.com/lisagraphics/toon08.gif
big hugs,

Gidge in BC
TAH/BSO 2/24
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2000, 06:16 PM
Ovarian Cysts??

I've suffered with ovarian cysts since I was 18. The last year leading up to my tah/bso in Feb. saw my ovaries forming cyst upon cyst and rupturing. My surgery was two weeks out when all h*** broke loose with rupturing cysts. The ultra sounds showed fluid on the ovary and more forming. So the Dr. bumped my surgery up a week. again they ruptured. and during my surgery more were already forming. If you are having this much problem with cysts, and having them rupture get them out. Why put yourself through major surgery only to leave a huge problem behind. I'm on hrt, and yes it took 2 mos. to get adjusted, but so far, I seem to be doing ok with what I'm on. Be kind to your poor body. Hasn't it suffered enough? Just my humble opinion.

https://www.hystersisters.com/lisagraphics/toon15.gif
Unread 05-04-2000, 04:30 AM
Ovarian Cysts??

I started getting cysts on my right ovary a few months pre-hyst. My left had a dermoid tumor and my theory is that it finally got to a size that whacked out my hormones, causing the right one to form cysts. I was hoping my hyst with left ovary gone would make my right one calm down. I do still get some pain over there like some cysts are still there but not as bad as pre-hyst. Then again I'm not even 3 months post yet. I sure hope they don't get worse.

Supracervical AH w/ LSO 2/23/00
[email protected]
Far North Chicago Suburb
http://www.geocities.com/dbabik/hyst...er/walking.gif Behold the turtle who only gets ahead by sticking her head out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register