Ibuprofen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-28-2004, 02:29 AM
Ibuprofen

I am so confused: everything one reads is confusing........or is it just me?! I have be dx with systemic candida causing vulvodynia (see my previous misery posts re ABs etc.) and my gyno who is an expert in vv put me on Diflucan 150 once a week for 10 weeks and Tofranil 10mg nightly. The pain of the "die off" is great and I started taking Ibuprofen can be a contributor to yeast! Does anyone know if this is correct? maybe "surferbabe" has some ideas on this one. Thanks girls - it's been a long road.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Ibuprofen

I don't have the answers you are looking for but did want to send some s in your directions and this up. Hopefully, someone will be along shortly with some insight.
Unread 06-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Ibuprofen

Hi ((((Kerry)))) Hopefully someone will come along with true insight on this issue. However, I did want to mention that I did quite a lot of searching on the issue and didn't find anything that linked Ibuprofen to yeast infections. The closest adverse effect would have been that it sometimes causes allergic reactions, but, still, they didn't mention anything close to a yeast infection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Ibuprofen

Kerry,
I'm not sure of a connection between yeast infections and Ibuprofen, but do know that when my yeast is raging ibuprofen will make it worse. My tummy doesn't seem to tolerate it very well. To be certain, I would ask the doctor.

When I was initially diagnosed with the Candida I was also put on Diflucan. Not sure how long I was on it, but I think I was taking it once a day. It did help some. I've also taken Tofranil, but at a different time. My GI doc prescribed the Tofranil to try and help with some of the GI troubles.

Good luck! I hope the new meds help.
Unread 06-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Ibuprofen

Hi Kim M,
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Rang my gyno yesterday and he said go off the Ibo. and if I need pain meds. go for Panadol. I'm on the Diflucan 150 once a week for 10 weeks (OMG that seems a long way off) and the Tofranil is to settle the inflamation, It is an antidepresent when used in higher doses but is apparently very good at settling inflamation, so here's hoping. I asked if I should go on a low oxalate or candida diet and he said absolutely "no" - except cut down on sugar, which I don't have much of anyway. He said I have been eating so little that my immune system is so down (not just from not eating, but from so many weeks in hosp. and the misdiag. and the ABs, etc. etc.) that I need good food to build up my immunity. I feel minutely better (but then again that could be relief because at last I have a diagnosis) and am sleeping OK. Still a bit teary at times.........but I hope that soon too will pass. I do know my body has had a fair hammering in the last 7 months and I just want it to be over and get back to being me. Thanks for your concern. Hugs............

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register