New Here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-28-2004, 06:34 AM
New Here

Had a TAH-BSO on June 16, 2004 because of Endometrial Cancer. Found out I will need radiation and I'm not sure what to expect. First off...I'm all of a sudden a cryer when I hardly ever cried before. My mom said this is normal for someone that has had a hysterectomy...but I'm not sure.

Is it normal to be a cryer all of a sudden and moody? Do I really have a reason to feel this way?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2004, 07:02 AM
New Here

Of course it is normal. You have undergone major surgery and your hormones are all over the place not to mention all the drugs you have had in your body.

Plus you have got to have radiation therapy as well, I now if I was in your shoes I would be weepy too.

I hope that everything goes well for you and it is all a success.

Take care and you are in my thoughts!

Looby

Unread 06-28-2004, 07:08 AM
New Here

Very normal!

I found that if I tried to fight off the tears then I got a headache. Just give in, let it happen, and then go on. I can go days without any teary spells and then it will just come on, but it has been getting better over time!

As you will hear from others on this site, your body has gone through a lot, and this is a great place to read about others who are experiencing the same things you are!

I will pray for you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2004, 07:48 AM
New Here

I think pretty much anything you WANT to feel right now is normal! You've been through quite a lot and I'm so sorry to hear it. I've been weepy, irritable (grrrrrr!) happy, sad, you name it lol.
Feel free to post under the "cancer concerns" forum for help from women that have been down the same road as you.
Good luck with your treatment, I wish you the best possible outcome
Unread 06-28-2004, 10:02 AM
You're Normal

Your body and mind have been through a big shock with the hysterectomy and cancer diagnosis and now there's that uncertainty of radiation--although there are many wonderful women here who will help you with that. Go ahead and cry when you want to and acknowledge those moods as well. We've all been there in one way or another.
Unread 06-28-2004, 04:00 PM
New Here

You have been through alot in a short amount of time. Not only have you been put into surgical menopause but you also have your cancer dx and are facing radiation treatments. There is absolutely nothing wrong with crying and I hope that it is helping you to cope somewhat.
Please remember we are always here for you too and know that others who have gone through radiation treatments, etc. will answer any questions you may have, etc. For those who want to feel they are more in control, sometimes developing knowledge on treatments, etc. may help, at least, a little. Please let us know how you are doing and how your treatments are going.
s, peggiesue
Unread 06-29-2004, 12:39 AM
Yes

Yes you have a reason! Your body has been through major surgery and now you are facing the unknown world of radiation. That is a lot to take in in such a short time. We have all been through this.

A group :cry: and would feel good now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register