Read Any Good Books Lately | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Read Any Good Books Lately Read Any Good Books Lately

Unread 11-27-2000, 03:52 PM
Read Any Good Books Lately

Going in on 12/11 for TAH. I already watch too much television so I'm looking for a few good books to read. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2000, 04:03 PM
Yes

The Poisonwood Bible by? King.... Can't remember but still a current best seller. It's great.
Enjoy your reading,
Sherl
Unread 11-27-2000, 04:31 PM

I'm an avid reader...bought some books for my recovery period but couldn't concentrate to read much. What type of books do you like????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2000, 06:26 PM
What Kind of Books

Sorry, I guess I should have added what kind of books I like to read. Of course, I can't really remember the last time I actually finished a book. For some reason I seem to drift off toward the end - short attention span caused by excessive channel surfing I suppose

I like Christian novels, biographies and I have managed to finish a few John Grisham novels so I guess that's what holds my interest. Something short would probably be best since I seem to from one thing to another.

Unread 11-27-2000, 06:39 PM

Read The Red Tent by Anita Shreve. A wonderful read.

Terfemme
Unread 11-27-2000, 06:49 PM

Hi I read "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz... and if the title sounds fimlar... its because it was mentioned on the Oprah show... Thats one of her favorate books... And I can see why.... a book to ponder on when finish... Its not a long book... and makes for easy reading... (which is good for me... cuz I am like you... jumping into one thing after another... ~ And by the way... Good luck with your sergery.... and a speedy recovery...!!
Unread 11-27-2000, 07:23 PM
good books

I loved the Jan Karon series of books!! They are fantastic!! Also Liz Curtis Higgs is great-she also has videos that are hilarious. Lori Wick is also an excellent author. Have you read the Left Behind series? I couldn't put them down!! Hope these help!! If you try any, let me know!!
Unread 11-27-2000, 09:25 PM

The "Left Behind" series is an excellent set to read. I recommend them! I read a book a day to get through the series, and the latest, "The Mark" was just released. I went to Waldens yesterday, and bought it, and true to form, finished it today! That's one way to keep me off my feet!!
Unread 11-27-2000, 10:35 PM
books

I definitely agree, lauraric - the Left Behind series is awesome. That is what kept me off me feet actually! The Mark was extremely good! Can't wait for the next one - I believe it's called Desecration, but someone else told me it's Operation Eagle. They've pushed the release date back on that one to Oct 2001.

rmns1221 - these books are great! Be sure to start with the first one: Left Behind.

Unread 11-27-2000, 11:19 PM

A good short book that I recently read is Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. It's about a mentor, love and compassion. Since you like Christian fiction, try This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness by J. Frank Peretti. Awesome books!

Just had to throw this in about the Left Behind series...I loved them! My husband on the other had says that he knows how it ends...he's read the original, by the original author!

Good luck in your recovery! I'll be there soon...this waiting is stresful!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register