Update on my surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update on my surgery Update on my surgery

Unread 06-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Update on my surgery

Hello to all!

Here's my update saga:

I cancelled the surgery for today which was to be done by a general surgeron and my GYN.

Got a referral today (I got on by calling myself faster than my GYN did). I'm going to a GYN/ONC in Indianapolis at 9:30 a.m. tommorow (Tuesday). She has also scheduled me for an ultrasound at 1:00 there at the hospital.

This Dr. was so nice. I was asking her nurse a bunch of questions, like how far out is the Dr's surgery schedule, etc???
The nurse put the Dr. on the phone and she talked to me for a little bit and promised me that she would make time in her schedule to get my surgery done this week. I told here everything my PCP and GYN here said.

About an hour later the nurse calls back and says the Dr. went ahead and booked a surgery time for this Friday !!! YEA !!! There's no doubt this thing has to come out! I am so uncomfortable!

So, I only have to wait an extra 4 days for surgery by going to the GYN/ONC.

I am so grateful to all of you for talking me out of having the surgery done today by a general surgeon and my GyN. Again, I can not think each and everyone of you enough who encouraged me to cancel.

I will post tommorow night after I get back from Indy. Just so glad I have a surgery date!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Update on my surgery

Best of luck to you. You will be in my prayers and thoughts all week. Let us know how everything goes.
Unread 06-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Update on my surgery

Lori,

I'm so glad that you have an appt with a GYN oncologist and surgery scheduled. You remain in my prayers. I'm looking forward to hearing how everything goes.

Chemo was not a piece of cake, but not as bad as some women's experiences. The new anti-nausea meds and meds to raise red blood cells really help. The nurses at my GYN oncologist's office handled any problem I had efficiently. I'm really thankful for my GYN oncologist and her staff. I was in a clinical trial and received 3 different chemo meds (instead of just the 2 standard chemo meds for ovarian cancer), which I hope will keeo me in remission for a very long time.

Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2004, 07:14 PM
This is GREAT!

I'm so glad you have a gyn/onc and this is moving along for you. You have done the right thing and I hope there is no cancer. If there is, we'll help you through. Otherwise, we'll celebrate good news. Thoughts and prayers for you.
Unread 06-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Update on my surgery

Way to go Lori!!!
I'll be looking for your update tomorrow.
oxox karenann
Unread 06-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Update on my surgery

How empowered you must feel! And what a way to go into a surgery... like you've done the best that you can do and trusted that God has brought you to the right doctor who will do everything they can for you.

Way to go, Lori!

We'll be with you in spirit tomorrow and, of course, on Friday you'll be in all our prayers.

Best to you. Let us know how things go tmorrow.
Unread 06-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Update on my surgery

thanks for all of your responses ladies!!!

I'm thinking of it this way:

if i had the surgery today with the general surgeon and not had a good outcome, I would have kicked myself in the b ---

by having the gyn/onc do the surgery at regardless of the results, at least I know I did everything i could.

thanks again !!!
Unread 06-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Update on my surgery

Lori
You will be in my thoughts and prayers on Friday. You will at least have the surgery knowing that you have gone the best route with gyn onc.

Keep us posted.

s
Unread 06-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Update on my surgery

Lori,
I am so glad this is moving along so fast for you. Please keep us all posted!
Unread 06-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Update on my surgery

Good for you for looking out for the best solution. My PCP showed my CT scan to the local surgeon and he said no way. I was then sent to a gyn/onc that same day and had surgery 4 days later. It was not until I returned home and found this sight that I found out I had the best type of doctor perform the surgery. (I had to go 2 1/2 hours from home and they admitted me right away and did presurgy tests)

Knowing you are being attended to by the best qualified doctor is very comforting indeed.

s and ers.

Hope to with you soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register