HOme from the castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HOme from the castle HOme from the castle

Unread 06-29-2004, 10:30 AM
HOme from the castle

Well, now I get to post on this board. TVH all done! Feeling better (emotionally) than I expected. I'm on Hydromorphine for the pain. Perkistat just did not hit the deep pain. Boy do those gas bubbles hurt! Whoa! Ended up doing the stool softners, MOM and a suppository. Well, all in all my experience at the castle was good. It did take the nurse 3 times to get my IV going in pre-op. That was not fun. Then it got a kink in it later in recovery room and had to start another one! But it was really ok. My last nurse was a PIC nurse so she got it in w/o a problem.
Walking was difficult. 3 steps out of my bed and I was either going to puke or pass out. Back to bed I went. Later it went better and I got to my door. Slow and steady. I did ask my doc for an extra night in the castle which he happily granted me. I needed to be on top of the pain and have a bm before I went home. At least that was what I decided. Now I realize how very good of a choice that was. My A man was awesome. Good bed side manner and personable. I had some last minute tears. My op time had been moved up and all of a sudden it was upon me. He gave me a little something to relax me which really helped. I remember going into the OR and scooting over onto the table and that was it. I did the twilight with the spinal. Very good combo. I woke up in the OR with my A man smiling at me saying it's all done. He was really great. Well, sleeping in my bed was good last night. Being with my family is good. Now just to recover and enjoy chatting with you ladies. Thanks for listening and all of your encouragement. Good to have a place to go that I'm welcome and understood.
Blessings to all of you,
Wildflowers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2004, 10:44 AM
HOme from the castle

Welcome home Princess Wildflowers ! Glad to hear that you're listening to your body and doing what's best for you. Now remember the Princess Code of Conduct...rest, drink lots of water, rest, take little walks around the house, rest, let yourself be pampered, and rest!!

Try the chewable Simethicone for gas...it worked wonders for me!
Unread 06-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Welcome home

Welcome home

I am taking stool softeners for some time to come.
The gas is helped by walking, and rocking but I don't find it too bad.

I also have to walk and stand for a time to have a bm. Someone on here said to remember the two minute rule.
If you feel like you need to go, and sit on the john for two minutes, and nothing happens, then get up and walk around more, even if you really feel the need.
That has helped me a lot. And the docs nurse told me to use tucks medicated pad to pat the anal area, they shrink swollen membranes and are very soothing. I am also using anusol suppositories with her recommendation, that shrinks the membranes in the rectum so I can evacuate more easily.
I honestly didn't think I needed to do all that, but it is soothing and makes everything feel better.

I am one week post op and feeling better each day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2004, 03:13 PM
HOme from the castle

WELCOME HOME!!!!
glad to see you made it to the other side and i am wishing you a speedy recovery
Unread 06-29-2004, 03:28 PM
HOme from the castle

welcome home!
Unread 06-29-2004, 03:40 PM
HOme from the castle

Welcome home to you. I also had a TAH-BSO on 6/24/04 and was released, much to my surprise, two days later on 6/26/04. DH has been absolutely wonderful. I have been walking around and doing ok. I get real tired at times. The thing that is getting me at this point (acutally just started today) as it is getting all of you in this section are the gas pains. My goodness, these hurt! I won't even begin to describe the pain because I know you guys know exactly what I am talking about. I was not prescribed anything - no stool softeners, mylacon, or anything. I have been walking and that helps just a tad. I'm drinking alot of water and my mother said something about hot tea helping - so I will try that later. Good to learn about the 2 minute rule.
Hope you all have a speedy recovery.
Best of luck to everyone!
Unread 06-29-2004, 06:35 PM
HOme from the castle

Thanks ladies for your encouragement. Alley, my doc. had me on stool softners shortly after surgery and the second day on stool softners and MOM 2x a day. I would REALLY recommend it. His theory being better to have the bm loose than constipated and in pain. I am agreeing wholeheartdly with this. Water, buckets of water and walking. Be kind to yourself and go to Walmart and get some stool softner and MOM for yourself.
Blessings to you,
Wildflowers
Unread 06-29-2004, 07:03 PM
HOme from the castle

Thanks Wildflower...I think I will take you up on your suggestion as the pain has been somewhat difficult all day. Thanks
Unread 06-29-2004, 08:08 PM
HOme from the castle

Welcome home! Glad to hear all is well. I am Living off of stool softners as well. Great things! Cant do the mom, so that with zelnorm when desperate is great. Walking lots and drinking tons of water too... Get lots of rest Princess!

Princess Diana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register