Question about ovarian cyst pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about ovarian cyst pain? Question about ovarian cyst pain?

Unread 06-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Question about ovarian cyst pain?

I have a 3 cm cyst that has been there for months now. Is it possible for the pain to be bad and then settle for a while, like a few days, and then be back? It never stays completely pain free, but does seem to be better for a short while.

I have now been refered back to my OB and dont want to bother seeing him if since the pain is off and on so then it would not be the cyst.

OK that confused me! If the cyst would have constant, unrelenting pain then that is not what is causing my problem. If the pain could change in intensity, but not completely go away, then I will see him.

Now I hope that makes sense. I think it does.

Any how, my question is can the pain change, or does it stay the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2004, 03:59 PM

Hi,
I had an ovarian cyst, that was apparently there for years without causing pain-or I just didn't realize that hwat was causing pain when I had it. I had surgery on May 25th and for the 6 months before I had intermittent pain. It was not always there. It would get worse at various parts of my cycle or when I exercised, etc. Having the periodic ultrasounds really made it flare up. For the most part it was a dull achy pain-that basically got on your nerves after being there for a while, but it could get more intense at times also. And like you said sometimes it could seem to disappear....but it still could be lurking...and gradually growing as my did.

So in answer to your question yes, the pain can come and go. It doesn't mean it's gone entirely, but hopefully it will be by the time you see your doctor. One thing to note, the doctors always told me the pain might be a good indication(that it was probably caused by it leaking and getting smaller)-unfortunately mine did not go away and was re-classified as a tumor-eventually. It turned out being very bening. Bottom line, go to the doctor it will be worth the peace of mind to know.
Unread 06-30-2004, 12:13 PM

You just explained my symptoms completely... it is very frustrating because one day you can be VERY uncomfortable.. having sharp pains... achy... bloating.. then go a few days with little or no symptoms. On the bad days.. I'm thinking... OPEN ME UP.. TAKE THEM OUT! On the other days.. I'm thinking... well.. maybe I can deal with this.

Very frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2004, 09:40 AM

Me too! This is so frustrating. I don't know how many times I think I can deal with it and not have the surgery, but then I get the severe breath taking pain and press on with wanting it removed. Yes, the pain does come intensely and fades to a dull pain but it's always there. I made the decision along with the blessings of my gyn and am having it removed on Tuesday. Hopefully, I won't have to deal with that pain any more.
Unread 07-01-2004, 10:19 AM

((((lpete))))

Please see your gyn no matter if you think the cyst is causing the problem or not. Could be something else that could be treated.

Here's my experience: Scar tissue (adhesions) caused for me the same sort of off and on pain you describe. Now that its been removed I am much better on a day to day basis. Still have breathtaking ovulation pain every 6 weeks (yes, I'm weird), but not the daily pain. My scar tissue was as follows : a large band from the naval area to the left side wall. A bunch tieing my left ovary to my sidewall. Some in the bladder area. So, as you can guess, ovulation ... ouch, gas or BM moving through the area, ouch, full bladder, ouch. So, it came and went.

Please see your gyn. If he/she makes you feel as if you are a bother to him/her then see a more caring and compassionate gyn ... someone you can partner with to find a way to resolve the pain!

Lots of good wishes!

while you wait

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register