how many people have Hyster due to stage 0 cervical cancer? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how many people have Hyster due to stage 0 cervical cancer? how many people have Hyster due to stage 0 cervical cancer?

Unread 06-29-2004, 03:04 PM
how many people have Hyster due to stage 0 cervical cancer?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

My surgery date is July 19th. My diagnosis: Adenocarsinoma In Situ (Stage 0 of cervical cancer) And I'm 28.

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2004, 05:04 PM

My cancer was a different type and a later stage, but if you type adnocarcinoma in the search at the tiop left of this forum it will pull up thread to many who have had this type cancer. Here is a link to one of them.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...adenocarcinoma
Unread 06-29-2004, 07:28 PM
adenocarcinoma

I had a TAH on May 11 for adenocarcinoma in situ. I had a cone biopsy in March which revealed the AIS with involved margins. The pathology report after the TAH showed there was residual AIS but nothing more and the hysterectomy removed it all. Since the AIS is glandular and there are no glandular cells in the vagina the chance of a recurrance is remote so I'm required to have nothing more than annual paps as a follow up. I'm thrilled to be cancer free and the fact that I'll have no more periods is a bonus! Good luck with your surgery, I'm sure it will go well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2004, 09:34 PM

Mine wasn't adenocarcinoma. I had Cervical carcinoma in situ. I had my hyst in Jan.2003. That was about 2 and 1/2 months before I turned 27. So I was pretty close to the same age as you.

Good luck, we will all keep you in our thoughts.
Unread 06-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Re: adenocarcinoma

oh... I had a cone biopsy in May and margins came back possitive on pathology report too. That's why I requested for Hyster.

The Oncologists I saw are all very nice. They concern about my age and the fact that I have no kids yet. Well, anyways. I will keep you all posted. (I haven't made my mind clearly enough to officially announce the Hyster is going to happen)

How are feeling so far? Any pain? Your ovaries stay, right?

Kim
  Quote:
Originally posted by sidhi
I had a TAH on May 11 for adenocarcinoma in situ. I had a cone biopsy in March which revealed the AIS with involved margins. The pathology report after the TAH showed there was residual AIS but nothing more and the hysterectomy removed it all. Since the AIS is glandular and there are no glandular cells in the vagina the chance of a recurrance is remote so I'm required to have nothing more than annual paps as a follow up. I'm thrilled to be cancer free and the fact that I'll have no more periods is a bonus! Good luck with your surgery, I'm sure it will go well.
Unread 06-30-2004, 08:09 AM

Amy,

Any side effects so far? How are you feeling? Thank you!

Kim
  Quote:
Originally posted by lepfan
Mine wasn't adenocarcinoma. I had Cervical carcinoma in situ. I had my hyst in Jan.2003. That was about 2 and 1/2 months before I turned 27. So I was pretty close to the same age as you.

Good luck, we will all keep you in our thoughts.
Unread 06-30-2004, 02:02 PM

Kim,

I feel fine. As far as my hyst goes, I had a very good recovery. I had a vaginal hyst, so the pain was not even close to abdominal. In fact, I barely had any.

I am glad that I had the hyst, and would do it all over again. I wasn't really offered any other options. I am only speaking from my personal experience.

I had a problem for a while with urine leakage. Doc figured it was spasms though. He wanted to do some kind of scope, but I passed. I have been losing weight lately (without even trying!! woohoo!!) and the urine leakage has stopped. So, I figure that maybe my weight had more to do with that than the hyst did.
Unread 06-30-2004, 03:08 PM

Amy,

I am not qualifed to do the Virg. Hyster because I had never given birth according to my surgeon. But he will check on me again on July 9th to see if there's anyway of doing the Virg Hyster. But I dought it......

So glad to hear you are recovering quickly.
  Quote:
Originally posted by lepfan
Kim,

I feel fine. As far as my hyst goes, I had a very good recovery. I had a vaginal hyst, so the pain was not even close to abdominal. In fact, I barely had any.

I am glad that I had the hyst, and would do it all over again. I wasn't really offered any other options. I am only speaking from my personal experience.

I had a problem for a while with urine leakage. Doc figured it was spasms though. He wanted to do some kind of scope, but I passed. I have been losing weight lately (without even trying!! woohoo!!) and the urine leakage has stopped. So, I figure that maybe my weight had more to do with that than the hyst did.
Unread 07-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Squamous cell cervical carcinoma in situ!?

I didn't take time to think and scheduled my surgery, after finding out that it was probably CIN II to III. Literally! I found out on Tuesday and was in surgery that friday at noon! I just wanted rid of the "moderate to severe dysplasia" invading my body. I was scared, really bad. BUT I didn't know that it could get worse

Squamous cell cervical carcinoma in situ!?

My diagnosis was made AFTER my TAH. I received this 11 days after my surgery. Tomorrow, I will be 3wks post-op, and I am still trying to deal with the hysterectomy. I have not even begun to research my diagnosis.

I have heard that the kind of carcinoma I had can come back in my vagina! I am not sure what to think.

I made a very fast decision. Eventhough, I think it was the right one for me, it has been very difficult.

I wish you the best. You are at a crossroad, but you don't have to do it alone. Feel free to contact me anytime.
It would nice to talk to anyone who is dealing with this and maybe get a handle on the whole thing.

Bless you ALL!
nursemisty
Unread 07-01-2004, 09:30 PM

Hey, jjgo... You and I have the same diagnosis. I had a cone biopsy in May- cervical adenocarcinoma in situ (completely removed with clear margins), with CIN III on the endometrial biopsy- determined due to "HPV effect"...

I'm having a TVH on July 23rd. I feel *extremely* fortunate that this was caught at stage 0. I also have a "complex cyst" on one ovary. The decision to remove the ovaries will be made while I am in surgery. I'm not sure what a complex cyst is, but I am in favor of removing anything that may develop into cancer eventually. At 43, I don't need my uterus anymore.

Of course I am concerned about what life without my ovaries providing hormones will bring. I've been assured by my surgeon that she can remove my cervix without "shortening" my vagina. Apparently that has a noted effect on the quality of your sex life afterwards.... Anybody have any comments? I am feeling desperate for info as the surgery date creeps closer...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register