I am so discouraged | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so discouraged I am so discouraged

Unread 06-29-2004, 05:04 PM
I am so discouraged

I am so tired of seeing doctors and of not feeling well. Not to scare anybody, but my problems seem to have started at 6 wks out - just when, hey, I was supposed to be feeling better! Now I'm set up for another surgery, have had test after test. Hurting, and nobody wants to give me pain meds. If you read my other posts, you'll see the whole scenario. Now my primary won't give me pain meds, but called in a presciption for something for irritable bowel - huh? I'm not having any problems with my bowels. I thought we already ruled that out with the CT scans. Two doctors have told me they think it's adhesions. Outpatient surgery scheduled for July 13 to take out the stitches in my bladder that shouldn't be there - that's the uro doing this one. GYN showed me the door at 6 weeks!

I did make an appointment with my primary for Friday morning for the purpose of trying to coordinate all the different doctors I've seen. She said she would decide then whether to give me any pain meds. Maybe the other prescription will help - she said I should know if it makes any difference by Friday.
Going to make up a timeline of all the different procedures, and the different meds I'm on at this point to take with me.

I'm sorry to vent. I'm just tired, and I feel crummy, and I'm not sleeping. And I thought this would be well in the past by now!

This is a great website. Who else but women would offer their shoulders so willingly! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2004, 05:33 PM
So sorry...

*hugs*

I'm so sorry you're having such troubles. Stitches in your bladder that shouldn't be there? Ugh...I hope they're going as non-invasive as possible.

It's all temporary, hon. Hang in there.
Unread 06-29-2004, 05:49 PM
I am so discouraged

I am so sorry you are having so many problems.

You have been through a lot. I went back and read some of your posts. - Hopefully things will get better after this surgery.

Saying ers for you. Trina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2004, 06:29 PM
I am so discouraged

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult recovery. I wish there was something I could say but I think I'll just send you a big

and say I hope you find relief soon
Unread 06-29-2004, 07:46 PM
I am so discouraged

Hi,
Well will a doc give you something to help you sleep for starters? you may feel a tad better with rest. How did they see the stiches, I am in the same boat as you not knowing what is going on, adheasions or such...thank goodness my pain comes and goes and I saved pain pills. I don't get why they won't give you pain meds. I think you need to try again explaining how your pain level is
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...hp?forumid=171
follow this and look for pain scale, I think the wording makes a big differance in what the doctors understand... and I would plain out ask "why won't you give me pain relief?" and see what the story is, talk to a pharmasist and ask what you can do over the counter wise without hurting yourself to get relief!! I think sleep will help.

ah you deserve a hug, I hope you have a supportive family with you,
HUGS and Prayers from me!
mary let us know okay
Unread 06-30-2004, 01:36 AM
I am so discouraged

I, too, am sorry you aren't doing well. I will put you in my prayers!
By the time you read this I hope you are on the mend in the right direction!

Bliss and Blessings
Unread 06-30-2004, 01:41 AM
I am so discouraged

Oh I hope you start to feel better. I had a LSH and now I might have to go back in to have my cervix out. You need to tell the doctors you are in pain. If they can't help you then you need to find another doctor and tell them that! I am so sick of hearing the doctors know better. It's our bodies and we are the ones that know what is better for them!
I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself. =)
Unread 06-30-2004, 03:34 PM
I am so discouraged

Hi gothair2dye!

The stitches were seen when my urologist did a cystoscopy. Not as bad as I worked myself up over, but definitely not a test I'd volunteer for!

It helps that my urologist is REALLY good-looking. After all, if you have to talk to somebody about peeing, it's nice to at least enjoy the view while you're chatting!

I do have Ambien which my gyn prescribed at my 6 week check, and it really seemed to help in the beginning, but doesn't seem to be doing much now. I'm going to ask my primary on Friday if there's something else she can prescribe.

I hope you feel better soon, and get some answers.

Pam
Unread 06-30-2004, 04:22 PM
I am so discouraged

Quote:

"It helps that my urologist is REALLY good-looking. After all, if you have to talk to somebody about peeing, it's nice to at least enjoy the view while you're chatting!

My own gyn is gorgeous... know exactly what you mean!! He wears a wedding ring - I couldn't imagine having a really good looking doctor husband spending day in and day out with unclothed women...

I hope you feel better soon!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register