I've been cut off! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I've been cut off! I've been cut off!

Unread 07-08-2004, 09:37 AM
I've been cut off!

well the leg was feeling pretty good by the time I left work last night so I opted out of seeing the GP......and it feels pretty good this morning.....I did however have to stop taking the low dose coated aspirin as it was killing my tummy so I don't know what will happen today

I have my trusty measuring tape with me though and am diligently measuring it to make sure it doesn't get outta hand......it would be nice if everything would just go back to normal......course I guess that's no likely consider my birth control pill is gone At least I have the patch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2004, 08:19 PM
I've been cut off!

Oh ((((Gidge)))) I'm glad that you're feeling better, however, I am concerned that you both discontinued the aspirin and opted not to drop by your doctor's office... especially since you will not be able to contact him for the rest of the week

Do be careful and should the pain start up again, or should you see any added swelling, head for the ER, ok?
Unread 07-09-2004, 08:12 AM
I've been cut off!

I am with ((((Dany))))

Gidge, sweetie ... we luv ya. Please take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2004, 09:19 AM
I've been cut off!

thanks girls

Really it seems pretty good it wasn't anymore swollen then usual last night and this morning it's right back to normal like it's been doing all week.......but I promise if something out of the ordinary occurs I will hit the ER......I just couldn't keep taking that aspirin my tummy was hurting soooo bad....at the very latest I will see him next Wed evening when he's in clinic again....

I'm starting to wonder if it has anything to do with my knee injury that th orthopedic doc is investigating, I never thought one thing had anything to do with the other but when I had my MRI a couple weeks ago the tech said there was definitely alot of fluid around my knee which is usually the bodies way of protecting an injury and that my meniscus didn't look right.....maybe the two things are connected as it is the same leg ......I just never made the connection?
Unread 07-09-2004, 08:23 PM
I've been cut off!

(((Gidge)))) While I would not totally discard the possibility of flebitis, you could be on to something: in 1985, all of sudden, I started having very sharp pains in my right calf... so much so that I ended up at the doctor's the next morning. He was convinced it was flebitis and ran a whole series of tests... none of them showing anything. After months of suffering, of presuming it was a torn muscle, etc. etc., he finally sent me to an orthopedist, at my insistance, thinking that it wouldn't do me much good.

Lo and behold, it turned out that all my troubles were caused by a problem with the cartiledge in the right knee and something that was wrong behind the patella. One day, the swelling was soooo bad, that my leg was swollen from the ankle right up to my upper thigh... and I broked several veins, from the pressure, in my thigh!!!

The orthopedist explained the fact that the pain was in my calf instead of my knee by saying that the nerves were sending the wrong signals.

All this to say that it may make sense that the problem in your calf might be related to the problem in your knee. Especially if, on the days that the calf swelled up, it was a particularly damp and humid day: I tend to swell up like a balloon on those days
Unread 07-12-2004, 09:50 AM
I've been cut off!

well I see the orthopedic surgeon on Wed and will be mentioning it for sure when we go over my MRI results and see what he says!

So since going off the pill I've now lost over half of my boobs and suddenly I can see my ribs below them.....I'm wondering if this is due to weight/inches lost or just the fact my boobs are smaller Seriously though I do feel smaller, hopefully the rest of my body will catch on!

I had two experiences this weekend where I became completely overheated and had to rush home and jump in a cold shower it wasn't like it was a hotflash it was like my whole body just got way too hot.....I guess I"m in for it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register