Good News for Me Also | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good News for Me Also Good News for Me Also

Unread 06-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Good News for Me Also

I had my appointment with my gyn/onc today. My CA125 was 44 which was DOWN from 58 last month. The steady upward climb since Feb has stopped for now. I still have my right sided abd pain with has increased in intensity. My doctor doesn't see anything specific on the CT scan. So he thinks it could be one of two things: a) an adhesion around the bowel causing inflammation thus the CA125 rise; or b) a cluster of tumor cells that for some reason are slow growing or the marker is not identifying them.

My gyn/onc also said he could do exploratory surgery to determine adhesion vs tumor. Or we could treat the pain with antiinflamatory drugs to see if the pain lessens. I decided with him to forgo the surgery and try the anti inflamatory drugs regime. I started on high dose Neproxen twice a day for 2 months. I will then see him again and get another CA125.

If the pain lessens with the Neproxen, I should have the rest of the summer doctor free!!

Thank you all for your prayers and support.

's
Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Good News for Me Also

Cindy

I am so very happy for you. That is wonderful news!!

I hope all continues to work out well for you...keep us posted!

Happy summer and let it be Dr. free !!!!!!!!
Unread 06-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Yes!

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now let's hope that CA125 goes low, lower, lower, lowest. May Neproxen work!
Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Good News for Me Also

Cindy That is wonderful news! I know how trouiblesome adhesions can be, but much better than cancer. and hope the Neproxen works and the CA 125 contnues to plunge.
Unread 06-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Good News for Me Also

Congratulations Ruth, Cindy!!

I do believe that that was wonderful news. Hopefully the Neproxen will work and all will be well again.

Not long ago, I also had a pain low in the stomach by, what I call, the crease area. You know where your stomach bends. My doc also could not find anything at all out of the ordinary. He recommended staying off the gym machines for a while. I froze my membership for the summer, and the pain is gone.

I am curious... if your real name is Cindy, where did Ruth come from?????

Rosalie
Unread 06-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Good News for Me Also

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE GOOD NEWS!

Happy to hear the CA125 is moving in the right direction. Hope it continues in that same direction.

Sounds like your doctor has a good plan with the Neproxen. Here's hoping it works for you and that you're pain free real soon and for good!

God bless,
Unread 06-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Good News for Me Also

Need I say more? That's terrific news, (((Cindy)))!
Unread 06-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Good News for Me Also

s Cindy

I am delighted to read your good news!!
So well deserved.
I'm with you. That old conservative approach sounds great, especially now with summer here. Hopefully the medicine will stop the pain and your ca 125 will continue to decline.
Enjoy the next two months doctorless.

karenann
Unread 06-30-2004, 09:46 PM
Good News for Me Also

Cindy,

I too am glad to hear your good news. Will pray for a continued downward trend. I do hope that the Neproxen works and that the problem is just pesky old adhesions.

God Bless
Unread 06-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Good News for Me Also

Great news!!! I pray that the medicine works and the pain goes away! That is so neat that you and Ellen got to meet!! What a wonderful experience to meet face to face! Yeah, for good news!!!

Rhonda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register