Breeds? - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Breeds?

We've had Mini Schnauzers for the past 20 years. One great thing about them is they don't shed. After our last one died too young, I was looking for a lap dog for hubby. He suffers from anxiety/depression, so having a lap dog which our mini was, is very important.

My internet search came upon the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I didn't think my hubby was ready to switch breeds yet so we got another Mini Sch, Tracer.

But my heart still wanted a Cavalier. A breeder was moving and didn't have time to sell her last Cavalier, so at 6 months of age, we got Armani. He is the ultimate lap dog! Except for his shedding, I love the breed!
If I ever could get another dog, I would rescue a Cavalier in need. Someday.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Breeds?

Everyone has their favorites. I personally think Golden Retrievers are the funniest clowns of all. I have a Golden Retriever-Great Pyrenese mix named Dog-Boy. He looks like a giant Golden - he's 125 lbs and has a block head. He thinks he's a comedian and that every visitor to our house must have come specifically to see him. He was a rescue boy and we love him even though he can be pretty stinky sometimes if I don't brush him 24/7. He has about 10 stuffed animals that he treats like his babies, gathering them up and showing them to people when they walk down the street. It sure can be a PIA to own a big dog sometimes but he sure entertains us.
Unread 11-14-2008, 06:37 AM
Breeds?

We have 2 yellow labs. They are really great family pets. The younger one loves to play fetch, the older one ( the mom ) loves to be brushed best.
I just wish that they weren't such hole diggers. We have to walk in our back yard very carefully
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Breeds?

I have a 16yr old Maltese terrier girl whom I love because she is so loving and tiny and then I have three (yes three) Great Danes. One little girl puppy, one huge boy puppy and an old grandfather. My Danes are all loving and have very gentle natures. The only sad thing about them is their life expectancy which is quite short because of their size.
Unread 11-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Breeds?

I can't belive this thread has now been going for over 4 years!
I didn't have a dog when I first came here in 04, I didn't have the energy or time to give a dog the time and attention it would need.
Now I'm happy to say I have Pasha a female Norweigan Elk Hound, stubborn as a mule, strong as an ox and as clever as a cat
I had a female black lab as a child and prefer female dogs (personaly I think they are more loyal)
My DH is feeling out numbered though as he is the only male in a house full of females dog, 3 cats and me included
I like hunting and working dogs and Pasha will take as much as you care to give her, and being a sled dog loves the snow and cold (more than I do )
She is only 2, so hopefully we have many years of fun together.
Unread 12-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Breeds?

Well as you can see from my aviator I own, or should say a Rottweiller owns me. She is 4 years old and she is a Schutzhund working dog. (Tracking, Protection & Obedience) Wonderful dog. They get such bad reputations. She actually thinks she is a lap dog. Her name is Shilo "Lexis" Von Kane. I obtained her BH Title on her this last March. She is very gentle and sweet. The relationship I have with her is more than just her handler. We have such a strong bond it is unbeleivable. She is very intelligent, loyal, and always eager to please. I think she can read my mind at times. All of her commands are in German and when people watch me work her they are amazed that a 102 lb dog can be so fast yet graceful. I am very proud of her and her accomplishments. Just goes to show you what you can do with a dog if you put time and effort in with them.
Unread 12-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Right now, shepherd mix

Right now I have a shepherd/collie mix. He's a great dog. Not great with little, little kids.

Had a golden retriever, really fun, really cute, really loving and really needy and not too bright. lol

Had a black lab who was smart, easy to train and great. Had a black lab who was the most willfull, stubborn, barking butthole dog lol.

Have had poodles, usually good dogs.

****zus (sp?) my parents always had are more like humans. They are there for you to take care of, not the reverse lol. But really wonderful, unique personalities. Lots of grooming involved though.

Kara
Unread 12-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Breeds?

I can't believe it bleeped the dog breed sheetzu. lol

Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliefSeeker
Right now I have a shepherd/collie mix. He's a great dog. Not great with little, little kids.

Had a golden retriever, really fun, really cute, really loving and really needy and not too bright. lol

Had a black lab who was smart, easy to train and great. Had a black lab who was the most willfull, stubborn, barking butthole dog lol.

Have had poodles, usually good dogs.

****zus (sp?) my parents always had are more like humans. They are there for you to take care of, not the reverse lol. But really wonderful, unique personalities. Lots of grooming involved though.

Kara
Unread 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Breeds?

Forgot my Akita :-( She was a wonderful, bright and all around good dog. Until she bit our two year old in the face because she walked too close to her dog bowl (we had no warning.)

kARA
Unread 12-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Breeds?

It's Shih Tzu ... spelled the other way, the automated censor thought you were trying to say a 'bad word' per the TOS.

s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register