Breeds? - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Re: Breeds?

If he's 13 and has never liked to play, it might be too late. Has he been around other dogs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Breeds?

Yeah he loves other dogs and you can't keep him still when he's with them its humans he won't play with just refuses to play fetch etc have asked the vet about this and he said the same with his age he won't change which is a shame that's why I think another dog would be good as he changes as soon as he sees them loves to chase them ha ha
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciana View Post
If he's 13 and has never liked to play, it might be too late. Has he been around other dogs?
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:29 PM

Then a friend would definitely be good for him!

A few weeks ago I babysat another sister's dog (all my sisters have dogs). He's an old guy, about 12 or 13, and didn't really want to do anything except sleep or chew on a rawhide. And my little guy seemed to know that Boots didn't want to play and left him alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2009, 08:37 PM

Thank you so much for your advice it is much appreciated.he seems to have a very high sex drive to he has been snipped but it made no difference any ideas he only does it to cushions and sometimes when me and my husband have an argument
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:48 PM

I'm sorry I can't help you with that one. I have no idea why he would do that or how you can stop him.

Recently I read a very good book, Tails from the Bark Side, it's written by a married couple who are dog trainers, and they discuss unusual dog behavior and how they dealt with it. It's worth reading, if for no other reason than it is entertaining.
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Breeds?

Thankyou I will read that book hope to speak to you again Jen
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciana View Post
I'm sorry I can't help you with that one. I have no idea why he would do that or how you can stop him.

Recently I read a very good book, Tails from the Bark Side, it's written by a married couple who are dog trainers, and they discuss unusual dog behavior and how they dealt with it. It's worth reading, if for no other reason than it is entertaining.
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:00 PM

The breed of dogs we have depends on what is dumped on us. We have a family farm on a country road with only a couple of houses so some people tend to want to drop off their unwanted dogs there. At the moment we have Snowball (2 1/2 year old Great Perenese mix), BooBoo (7 month old Lab/Heeler mix), Runt (5 1/2 year old Rottweiler mix) and also Annie (4 year old calico cat that was dropped off too).
Unread 08-25-2009, 11:14 AM

Three Maltese own me. LOL I never was much of a dog person until I saw one of these furbabies...After getting my male, I adopted a female companion for him.... she recently had a litter of six! I kept one of the pups. Daddy went to the vet to get neutured two weeks ago, so we're healing together. lol
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:53 AM

Brady, a rescued Sheltie mix, owns us. He was kind of stand-offish when we first got him from a local sheltie rescue when he was about 7 years old. It was ok to pet him but he did not know how to play. His favorite thing is to bark. (He's a all Sheltie there.) So, any game where he can do a lot of barking is his favorite! We've had him for 5 years. He is my little shadow and gets a little depressed when I am not at home. The family knows that he will be pacing the house a little bit looking for me when I go to the hospital and stay.

Beauty came to us from a Sheltie rescue in Indanapolis before Brady but she crossed over the Rainbow Bridge with heart failure at about 16 years old a year before we adopted Brady. She was about 10 years old when we adopted her. She was my husband's little shadow and looked for him when he was not at home.

We have had other breeds but, we have decided that we love to adopt the older Shelties.

Linda
Unread 09-17-2009, 11:06 PM

I have a pitbull/shepherd mix, Sara. She's 11 (had her barkday a week and a day prior to my surgery). I adopted her from the SPCA mobile adopt in 1999, between the passing of my 1st Akita and 2nd Akita (a year apart). Sara is truly the love of my life. Over the years, she has gone from Princess to Queen to Empress and these days, I'm just the temple attendant. LOL.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register