Breeds? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-25-2004, 07:12 AM
Breeds?

I have two dogs and a cat. Birth order first.

Patch is a long hair male cat. He was from a rescue litter the was living across the road at DH mom's One day Mother cat brought all 4 kittens across to DH mom's porch. They were going to call pound if I didn't want them. Found homes for all when big enough
to go . Patch was always touchy, took 2 yrs before he would sit beside me and let me pet him.

Max is a pound rescue Golden Retriever/Collie? Sock grabber,
will trade for a bone. Also has habit of getting hankies and shredding them. Don't know where that came from. The first day had him he scratched me and was stuborn makes two of us.
Knew he would be a beauty.

Babe was running the old neighborhood for about two weeks.
DH was feeding her my cojack cheese when he was to tape Survivor to see who got the bonus Million.
It rained that Sat. and that got her in garage. Dried her off and she was asleep on couch half hour later. DH went to bed that nite. Said was going, guess who beat him to bed.
Oh forgot breed, Jack Russel mix she licks my nose to wake me up tp go out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2004, 07:48 AM
Breeds?

You have a big heart TN4me.

My daughter has a collie golden mix - or at least we think that is what she is. Her name is Murdock and she came from the orphanage too.

punky
Unread 08-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Breeds?

I have a 3 year old Weimeraner named Taylor. She is a beautiful shade of gray and she thinks she's human.

Her breed by nature is very "busy" but she has been great company to me during my recovery. She will be so disappointed when I return to work.

She is actually my roomates dog but she spends most of her time with me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2004, 12:41 AM
Breeds?

Right now we have 3 dogs....
A Pug she will be turning 13 in Oct, and 2 Greyhounds 2 & 3 years old. I love my greys! our Emma died a few months ago
Unread 08-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Breeds?

We are owned by two Labrador Retrievers. Dixie is a chocolate female and is 9 years old and Jake is our new yellow lab puppy at 8 months old. My DH and I are both outdoors people so our Labs fit right into our lifestyle. They go camping, walking, swimming and riding with us. We love the breed as they are very intelligent and are very loyal, loving companions, however, going through the "puppy stage" with these adorable pooches can be a bit testy at times....they love to get into everything...but we think they're worth it. They're good for lots of laughs all long the way I can tell ya. Ours our spoiled rotten (my children you could say) and I honestly don't think they have a clue that they are dogs....

Would love to add a black Lab to the family...then we'd have one of all breeds colors...but don't think my energy level is quite up to that!!!!!!

Susan
Unread 08-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Great Dane Mom

I don't know what I would do without my three great danes. I got my first just months prior to surgery. He was a cute black purebred dane who i named The exodius of Strongbow or zodie for short. I then rescued an albino dane who was in a house fire nd her whole family died in the blaze and this special soul threw her self through a glass window to save her self and cut her paws and ears burt her pads and wentr blind in one eye from the smoke. she has saved me from a burgler twice her name is Whisper. and my newest addition dane is another black who I called Ecclesiastes Hope for tomorow or SIA she is the most exuberant dog I have ever met and guess what she is pregnant so I am having puupies!!! in OCT she is due almost on my aniversary of my surgery date... I am not sure how this willbe for me to deal with even though she is just a dog... WOW heavy stuff but they are my kids scince I lost all my parts at 20 years old single with no human kids....
any one wanting to buy pups let me know
Unread 08-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Breeds?

We have a Vizsla - a Hungarian Pointer. They are a very short haired breed and always red, with pink noses!! Ours is so sweet. They often call Vizsla's "Velcro dogs" because they always want to be where the people are, and touching them if possible!! If we're sitting watching TV or something, she'll curl up on our feet, or just lean into a leg!! She's my baby.
Shelley
Unread 09-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Shiba's

I have just one Shiba Inu. When we got him I never even heard of a Shiba. I know they are not too common here In PA . More and more are starting to get them. I love my Male but sometimes he is just a pain. He hates any other male dog. He thinks he can just tear them up. He don't notice they are labs or shepards. But make it a female. He just loves them. His girlfriend is a black lab twice his size. They look like broncos when they play people think they are fighting. But if he don't like what you do to him he squales like someone just shot him. Don't even think of cutting his nails with out people at your door to see if you need help. if some one was hurt. Such a cry baby. But he is still my baby. Trooper red sesame. from a breeder. Not a pet store.
Unread 09-24-2004, 10:34 AM
My dog is such a sweetie

ZEKE is a Shihtzu - and he's precious!

He is nearly a year and a half! He wasn't a cuddler at all until we got him "fixed"! OH YEAH!

During my recover, he would just lay with me and cuddle. He could definitely tell that I wasn't feeling good. It was just too sweet. He's the most gentle mannered dog I've ever seen. He will get revved up and wanna play, but then after playing, he's his own sweet lil self again.

He is so funny, when we're in the car, and he wants a drink, he'll either scratch at my water bottle, or he'll get ahold of the lid and work it til it comes OFF! And if he wants his food, he'll grab at his lil plastic container and hold it for me to see!

He's part of the family and he's known at the games in our little town, they all look for BABY Z!

Thanks for the pet posting! Its neat to hear that others love their pets so much too!
Lisa
Unread 09-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Breeds?

Tillie owns us. She is a shih tzu. 7 years old and 7.2 pounds. Dont think just because she is little that she isnt the master of the house. We do as we are told when we are told. But she gives so much love in return. My father in law lives next door and is dying with leukemia. He has never been a dog person until Tillie. She walks in the door and runs to him and lays with him until we go home. We dont dare walk over there without her. She would tell us off ands so would he. I truly think she is making his last days alot happier for him. They are loving little furry angels.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register