Breeds? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-04-2004, 03:32 AM
Cool - Breeds? Breeds?

Hi all

Well it seems as if I am the first to own up to be owned by a gorgeous Shar Pei.

He is a black horse coat Shar Pei with a personality of a little person in a dog's costume. He verily believes he is human and the Dad of the house (I am a single mom of 2 teenage daughters). If I raise my voice at them, he sits next to me and barks at them!! Giving them hell too!!

Wonderful wonderful little creature!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Breeds?

Oh Brendy. You are absolutely right!!!! Our pets truly are furry little angels. Your story was so touching. I'm so glad that your little Tilly is offering so much comfort to your father-in-law. Pets can offer us so much during our times of need. During a particularly difficult time several years back I had a sweet Labrador that was my saviour. He truly made life worth it for me and kept me going. Had it not been for his love and devotion I honestly don't know what would have happened. It was definitely a low point in my life and my sweet Lab angel could always lift my spirits and give me hope. I'm convinced that he was sent to me by God. God bless your Tilly for lifting the spirits of your father-in-law....I'll remember your father-in-law (as well as you & family) in my prayers with what has to be a very difficult time for all. Give Tilly a pat on the head from me.

Unread 10-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Breeds?

Michele....I think Shar Pei's are adorable!!!! They have so much personality in their sweet, wrinkly faces!!!! I'm an artist that has done many pet portraits for people, however, I have never had the honor of doing a portrait of one of these lovely creatures. If looking at a Shar Pei doesn't put a smile on your face.....well I'm convinced that nothing will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Breeds?

Hi, I agree, and my Shar Pei, even though he is 5 years old has not lost his wrinkles on his face like most do. If only you did not live in the States and me in South Africa, I would commission you!!
Unread 10-05-2004, 05:31 AM
Breeds?

13 years ago we were going to get a shar-pei Big Bad Baby Boris was the daddy. We loved them. wanted to even breed. Thought they were the most awsome dogs. Personality was great. BUT.....I got pregnant instead and the shar-pei was a thing of the past. we still love them but went for the Japanese Shiaba Inu instead. Maybe next time. My sons are now 12 and 13 never know.
Unread 10-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Tibetan Terriers

I have two - Milly and Matty. They are sweet, clever,funny but stubborn. I love them to bits
Unread 10-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Smile - Breeds? breeds

We have a 5 yr old yorkie, her name is Cricket. A 2 1/2 yr old Bichon/Poodle named Curly Sue, and a 9 wk old Pekingese, her name is JoJo. We also have two cats (both females), and our hamster and 2 gerbils are females too. I don't really know why....but we just prefer female animals for some reason, obviously
Unread 10-16-2004, 10:30 PM
I have one of everything!

I have a male Greyhound (Linus), a female Italian Greyhound (Gigi Collette), a male Lab (Roy Boy), a female Jack Russell (Pearl), a female Lab (Blackie), and a very pregnant Basset mix my husband brought home (Tillie). My most wonderful beloveds are two male Min Pins, Omar and Bruno. They are the center of the universe...my heartbeat. We have birthday parties for them every year and their buddies come over. This year my present to them was a new fleece blankie for each boy, custom made by my friend Shannon. They have collars for every holiday, too! You are correct: I am completely over the top with them. The worst part of my surgery will be not having them in bed with me. I have never gone anywhere overnight that I couldn't take them. I also run a feline rescue and I have many cats that are my own: Oscar and Cosmo, my Siamese boys; Ursa the Three-Legged; Flea, Petey Pooter, Moose, Tabitha, PeeWee, Prince Albert, Puffy Fishpickle; Ed Norton and Ralph Kramden; Todd, Ned and Bunky, the cutest kittens in the universe; and the list goes on. And on. And on...I have no complaints, though. God has blessed me with these creatures, and endowed me with a gift to care for *all* creatures. I live a charmed life in that sense. I welcome your posts! God bless!
Unread 10-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Breeds?

I revolve my day around a 9 year old lhasapoo(reggie -male), and a 9 month old cairn terrier(marley--female) Reggie is "retired" and has taken up lounging as a hobby. Marmoo is in my lap right now, and will be unhappy when I finish chemo and start going back to work. You know what? Iwill miss them too. They knew I wasnt well, and have both been my little shadows for the last 3 months. I also think they help my family to go to work and school without having to worry about me.
Unread 01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Breeds?

I am the proud owner of a beautiful sheltie girl named Princess. She looks like a very small Lassie, same color markings. Have had her for a little over a year now.
She is very smart and very loving.
I am not partial to the sex of my pets. The previous dog we had was a male. He was pretty much the same as Princess in personality and looked very much like her too, only bigger.
I had named him after the band AC/DC. He came to me as a pup along with his sister. She was AC and he was DC. ( , Michelle35) Thats a true story cuz hubby didnt like the way I named pets so I opted for something out of the ordinary but easy for my son to pronounce and the dog to learn. DC left me for rainbow bridge about 4 years ago.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register