Breeds? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-18-2007, 03:13 PM
our boston

We had to put our Boston Terrier, Winston, to sleep yesterday. His kidneys failed. It was a very hard decision to make...but we needed to let him go. I didn't want to see him suffer.
So after my surgury, when I am feeling up to it, we will take Reggie, our Irish Wolfhound, to the local animal shelter to pick out a new friend. Gotta have 2 dogs atleast!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Breeds?

I'm so sorry. I know how hard that decision is to make. I've had to do that a few times myself. At least you'll have memories to keep close to your heart. You'll see him again someday on the Rainbow Bridge.

Take time to heal physically and emotionally and when your ready, you and Reggie will have a special day together, finding a new buddy!

Unread 01-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Breeds?

I am so sorry for your loss. You get well fast so that you and Reggie can find the perfect new friend. What a great honor to Winston that you are going to rescue a dog looking for a new forever home. Our thoughts our with you during this sad time.

Cheri and the McD Pack Rob Dog, Briar Rose and our old Buddy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2007, 03:06 PM
HUNTERS for Me/Us

In late July 2005 (almost 4 months after my surgery) DH was in Louisiana hunting boar (got one, too!), called me from there and told me to find an English Springer Spaniel (ESS) for him to hunt with... onto the internet I go only to learn that ESS are bred 2 different ways - for show and for hunting(field). After searching the net - I found a breeder in Delaware that had a 6 mo old male who was field (champions back for 5 generations) - and that Friday we went to get him. His name is Cowboy . He's my baby boy!

When Cowboy went to train (you can't just throw a dog out in the field) - I was lonely so I started looking for a friend for him - no young female ESS available from rescue - then I remembered his dog friends from park who were English Setters and found my Belle at Above & Beyond English Setter Rescue. Her "Gotcha' day is May 12 (don't know her b-day so that has to do)... and she is the sweetest girl.

They had their tense moments when they finally met - but they romp and play and act like brother and sister - WE are a family.
Unread 01-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Breeds?

We have a female Yellow Lab, and a Male Rottweiler. Personally, I prefer males. They seem to be more intune with me, while the females tend to prefer my dh. Despite the size (120 lbs) of the Rottweiler, he is the more gentle of the two. When people walk by the house, it's Belle, the lab that has all of her hair bristled and barking her head off (even though she's never tried to bite anybody she definitely puts up a good front). Bear, the Rotty is the one standing and looking at them like he's saying, "Are you gonna pet me already???" It's really funny.

We got Belle as a puppy and TRIED to socailize her so she wouldn't be this way. Bear was a rescue dog. He definitely had a hard life as he was 20 pounds underweight for his size, covered in deer ticks, and at 1yr 4mths had the teeth of a 6 yo dog that hadn't been taken care of. I like getting dogs like him. People tend to be scared of them because of their breed or size, and really don't want to mess around with your house or vehicles. But in all reality, they're just big cuddly puppies that wouldn't hurt a fly. And Yes, he is scared of cats. lol.

Char
Unread 02-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Breeds?

I have 7 Yorkies and three Yorkie puppies; one of which I'm going to keep. I seem to fall in love with one outta almost every litter. I say, " this is the last one I'm going to keep!". RIGHT! They are so sweet and entertaining, full of love. I can't amagine my life without them.

I have one big dog; three quarters McKenzie River Husky and one quarter Germansheperd. She's bigger than me and a wonderful dog! So good with the litte ones. Nothing is going to hurt them with her around (or me!). She's a big girl and smart, playful, loving, everyone loves her. She's the best.

I prefer female dogs, not because they're better dogs but if we're talking about long coats females are alot cleaner. And you don't have to worry about the problem of them marking things (with most females anyway).

I love so many other breeds also, these are just two of my most favorites. My first dog was a male McKenzie River Husky. He was the most awesome dog ever. He went every where with me. Up on ski lifts, small plane rides (free; not in a cage), fishing on boats, down the middle of a crowded city side walk; the people parted in a large V, sort of like a backwards wake of a boat, when they saw his muzzle between them and we could walk as fast as we wanted with no one in our way. He would drink out of the chicken's water dish at the same time that the chicken were also. Chase bears away from me and up trees, catch fish out of streams, not let anyone near me that had bad intentions. People that didn't like dogs loved him. HE WAS THE BEST!
Unread 02-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Breeds?

We have a 7 year old dachsund named Berkely. He is the best - smart, cute and loving. Previously we had his mother, Lady, but I prefer males -- they are not as tempermental (and having them "fixed" was a lot easier).
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Breeds?

We are very proud owners of a 7 year old Whippet named Indi.He is a male as I believe that they make more of an effort to please,whatever the case may be.
We also owned an Irish Wolfhound named Buck prior to getting Indi.I love the hound group,they seem to be quite laid back and very quiet.Great house dogs,trustworthy and extremely faithful.
This past april we put down our 16 year old cat Charlie.
During my recovery time Indi was at my side as he knew that I was a little under the weather however during this time I missed Charlie terribly,he was my little sweetie and now he's spending all of his time with big Buck in Animal Heaven.
Unread 03-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Breeds?

I have 2 dogs. Andy, cocker spaniel (13) and Roxy, Old English Sheepdog (9).

Andy found my husband at work. My DH is a mechanic and was working underneath a truck one day...and up walked Andy. At first...he thought it was our ohter Cocker, Max. But after a couple of seconds...realized it was not Max. He brought Andy home that night. We immediatley called the local shelters and put an ad in the lost and found. We could tell he had been wandering for quite some time. He had foxweed in between almost all of his toes. We could also tell that he had been chained up or tied up becasue of how his coat laid around his neck. Nobody ever claimed him...so we adopted him into our home. He suffers from seizures and isn't much of a playing dog. He likes his sapce. Pretty much all that excites our little Andy...is going for walks...a good roll in the grass...and a snack from the fridge. :-) He is getting older...but is still in great shape...other than having seizures about 1 to 2 times a month. Vet said he probably had trauma to his head at one point before he found us.....which is probably the reason he escaped and ran away from his previous home.

Roxy was a drop off. She and her brother were dropped off in front of my brothers farm house 9 years ago. I wil never understand how a person can just drop off animals to fend for themselves. (Don't get me going)!! Anyway...one of my brothers took the male...the other took the feamle (Roxy) until he could no longer keep her. He lives on a farm with cattle and Roxy being a herding gal herself...well....that was just too tempting for her. We love her to bits. We call her "Loud Mouth" becasue she has a deafaning bark. She is the most loving dog I have owned and the most jelous. :-) She LOVES to cuddle and is wonderful with our 1 year old granddaughter. If we ever own dogs after Andy and Roxy pass on...it will be another Old English Sheep from a shelter or a rescue.

Our other Cocker, Max, lived to be 18. We had to put him down 6 months ago. There is still a void in our hearts...but he is happy and healthy now and we will hold him in our hearts forever.
Unread 03-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Breeds?

Our Bichon Poo, Fibi, is 5 years old and the ruler of the house! I had always been a cat person, but not any more! I don't think I would ever get a female again, though. We took Fibi to be fixed, and aside from her almost dying from infection, a few months later she went into heat! It turns out the butcher of a doctor left the uterus and only took one ovary. What a nightmare. And we later discovered she has respiratory and heart problems, and we were advised to never put her under anestesia again unless absolutely necessary (like 2 years ago when she dislocated her hip trying to remove a collar while nobody was home..... ). Despite it all, I love her like crazy and can't remember when we didn't have her!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register