Would like to hear from someone who has had enterocele repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Would like to hear from someone who has had enterocele repair Would like to hear from someone who has had enterocele repair

Unread 06-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Would like to hear from someone who has had enterocele repair

I am having a pelvic floor reconstructive surgery July 13 to repair an enterocele and tack back up my previous cystocele and rectocele repairs (just done last August). I would like to hear from someone who has had hysterectomy with A&P repair, and then had to have this type of follow-up repair, to see how they compare as far as pain, spotting afterward, etc. I appreciate any input along this line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2004, 09:39 PM

Hi ((((Fran))))) I'm so sorry you're having another repair surgery

I had a Stage III Rectocele repaired at the same time as my hyst, but the repair is holder. Therefore, I can't help you much with the information you're looking for, but I did want to send some s your way and to wish you the best of luck with your upcoming surgery
Unread 07-04-2004, 12:26 AM

Hi Fran,

I am 24 days post-op from my pelvic floor reconstustion. I had my TAH 2 yrs ago. I would be happy to answer any ?'s you have. <Snip: In keeping with the Guidelines, please keep the support on the board. This way, all members can benefit from your experience >
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2004, 02:30 PM
comparing pelvic floor reconstruction, etc with hyst, etc

Kim, I just mainly am wondering how they compare as far as pain, spotting afterward, etc. I appreciate any input along this line.
Unread 07-07-2004, 02:59 PM

Hi Fran,

For me it it's about the same for the first week. Both of my surgery's were abdomenal. I don't have the extra hormone problems to worry about this time. I had some spotting because of a nick to my Vag. during surgery. It has been alot more painful as far as the B/M goes, but with Bene-fiber and stool softeners I have gotten thruogh the worst, I hope. I have only had to take M.O.M. 2 times. Good luck!
Unread 07-08-2004, 05:38 AM
post-op pain

Had surgery Monday 6/28/04 Noonish.

Repair of rectocele, enterocele, and cystocele.

Home by Wednesday afternoon.

Not one Percocet taken since Wednesday 12 MN on.....

Tuesday there was a lot of gas pain.....walking helps...Mylicon was given every 6 hours in the hospital
...but still loads of gas.....

Monday post- op I did not get to my room till almost 4PM- I was not allowed out of bed till the next day.

I knew to make sure to take Percocets about a full hour before so my first ambulation Tuesday so it would be less painfull overall and more successful.
I felt like I went thru the war Tuesday morning
just to get to the bathroom and do normal toileting things..like washing face, ....brushing teeth...change nightgown.....
walked back to bed and then slept for a good 75 minutes- woke up refreshed and never had problems pain wise since...
I only took Perc late that night so I could sleep since I am often restless due to pain rather then overtly anble to pinpoint pain areas....
I had actually declined them at first
...but they brought me the meds instead of my room mate who did ask.....
So I said what the hell-
Ensure some rest....
I was offered Ambien both nights and declined since I never had it before & felt if I was going to ensure some rest- lowering my pain level would help me most of all....
and it did.....
bernadette
Unread 07-08-2004, 05:46 AM
post hyst compared to post repairs

First time I had hyst and AP repairs...1995
this time (6/28/04) just repairs I mentioned above...
I do not remember how log or what kind of bleeding I had back in 95....
but this time post-op...
my dr. informed me I bled a lot more then expected. Pre-op I gave him bleeding and clotting time reports from my primary Dr. which were all normal but warned him I still had a tendancy towards prolonged bleeding despite normal lab reports.

Packing was removed Tuesday morning....
I was a decently bright red bleeder after that but not saturating pads nor needing a lot and as expected it got lighter and less and "thinner in consistancy"....even before i went home.
I did remember from my first the warning- "if your flow was improving and returns to a big increase in volume or brightness in color- you are doing too much...."
That has not happened and just over one week out of the hospital- barely any discharge at all.....
BTW Go food shopping close to sugery date and lay in a big supply.....so you can avoid a trip post-op for as long as possible...
bernadette
Unread 07-08-2004, 05:57 AM

Yikes- one last thing- both the hyst & repair surgery in 1995
& this repair in 2004 were vaginal....
you weren't clear what urs were....or were gonig to be....

Main differences for me were 95 I had general anesthesia....and no laparoscopy "holes"
2004 - spinal anesthesia...and 2 laparoscopy holes (suprapubic)
that I had no idea was gonna happen

I could have had general....but my urogyn Dr. preferred spinal so I could participate & cough to check repair after it was done...
The good anestheisiologist & I discussed I had no desire to be awake for most of procedure...so he snowed me well and brought me "out" of it for the coughing...and drugged me till recovery....

I have had severe reactions to general but ever since I ask for Zofran intra-op
- I recover great from general.....
so general was always an option but clearly not my surgeon's preference...
Last spinal I had was for childbirth- my smallest baby at 10 pounds....but I clearly remember then the Dr. sticking and sticking and telling me she didn't want to try anymore....
finally she got it...so I told this anesthesiologist....to warn him there could be difficulty...and there was....
it was not pleasant.....but he informed me I had a curvature in my
spine...and even though it took a while- he got it in....
and he numbed me from waist down beautifully......
b
Unread 07-08-2004, 07:40 AM
surgeries/thanks

I really appreciate all the helpful information. I have not been able to find anyone here in Nashville who has had this surgery. The urogyn who is doing the repair will do it vaginally. With the surgery done last August by 4 other surgeons, the urologist and gyns did theirs vaginally.
Unread 07-08-2004, 12:54 PM

Hi Fran,

I just wanted to wish you a uneventful surgery next week. I'll be thinking of you on tuesday. I wish you all the best in your recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register