Fahrenheit 911 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Fahrenheit 911 Fahrenheit 911

Unread 07-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Fahrenheit 911

Saw this movie and I am seriously angry that our good, decent service men and women are in Iraq under false pretenses.

I want them to come home, now. There are no WMD. Saddam is under lock and key. I'm so saddened that our troops are still continually in danger.

Has anyone else seen this film yet? There is one mother of a soldier from Michigan who will break your heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2004, 01:14 AM
Fahrenheit 911

I'm looking forward to it, I'm not sure when it'll get here.
Unread 07-01-2004, 04:54 AM
Fahrenheit 911

As the wife of a service man I need to tell you please do not believe everything you see! This film is full of lies and misguidance!
There ARE WMD, I can't tell you how I know this but I do. Go do some research on this Fahrenbaloney 911 There are many many Michael Moore watch web sites that explain his lies.
If you want specific ones PM me and I will be happy to direct you to them!
As the wife of an Airmen who spent two tours in the gulf I am appalled that anyone would create such a film. It is all politics. Just watch how the democratic congressmen jump through these hoops!
Everyone does agree that we need to wrap this up and bring them all home but it will not happen overnight! We can not leave these people in this state. They need to become steady and strong. If the troops left now the Al-Queda would take over in no time and we'd be right back in there! Please do not insult my husband and the many other service men and women. Yes, soldiers have died, they died and it is very sad but I can tell you I don't know a single one that wouldn't do it all over again! This is their job, this is what they trained for. Nobody likes war, that isn't the point. The point is just don't insult our service people, okay? Whenever someone dies for a reason that doesn't make any sense to the survivors they immediatley look for something or someone to blame. In the case of the mom in the film she is blaming Bush.
I can't honestly say I would not look to blame him either if my husband were to be killed in action but the difference is I would also be proud of him and he would want me to be. It is his job and he is proud to do it, willingly!
Sorry to go on so long and Thank you for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Fahrenheit 911

I have moved this thread to the "Review IT" movie/book review area because this thread is about a movie.

Additionally, it is not considered fact as even the author/producer admitted in his latest interviews on CNN, E!, NBC, that the info is "editorialized" as the commission on 9/11 is proving his "facts" to be in gross error.

The movie is controversial but I doubt will change the minds on either end of the spectrum.
Unread 07-01-2004, 08:09 AM
Fahrenheit 911

Kathy:
Thanks for moving this post to the appropriate forum.

Sybie:
Have you seen F911? I know it's Michael Moore, but he's using actual news footage and actual photographs of the current and the former President Bush. These sections are not his creation and cannot be denied.

Anyway, it's the hottest movie in the country and I hope lots of people on all political sides will look at it and discuss it, including Sisters on this board.

Have great day!
Unread 07-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Fahrenheit 911

I don't like Michael Moore. He's not interested in helping our country, his agenda is to make money and stir up controversy. If you're not part of the answer, then you're part of the problem, and he's definitely not part of the answer.

He pushes his agenda and tries to make it appear that he's right by manipulating the data and documentation to support his view. Of course he has footage that proves his points. Anything, even the Bible, taken out of context, could prove anyone's point. You're only getting part of the story.

I haven't trusted Michael Moore since that extremely slanted "Bowling for Columbine" documentary that he did. There was one statement he made that totally turned me off. He was implying that some kid in a different episode of school violence went bad because his poor mother was forced to go to work to support her family. Oh, give me a break!!! I was a single mom and had to work to support my family and none of my kids went around shooting people. And God forbid that anyone should be "forced" to go to work!

Anyway, I'll crawl down off my soapbox now. Just keep in mind, as my mother used to say, believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear. Michael Moore has completed his agenda.

s,

Lisa
Unread 07-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Mockumentary

I am afraid that Mr. Moore has let a little power go to his head and has managed to acheive something somewhat less than a true documentary. I have not seen the movie BUT I have seen several shows on so-called news channels that lambast it in much the same fashion that is used in the film itself...is there truth there, yes--is it slanted, definitely on everyone's part.

Speaking as the child of a veteran and the wife of a veteran I can say that I am continually shocked and appalled by the care and consideration(or lack of both) given to both veterans and current military personel. If anything said or done in this film or by seeing this film changes the status quo I will not be sadden or maddened by the way our government has been portrayed.

Roni
Unread 07-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Fahrenheit 911

I am glad this is on a movie review thread & not a "Tell us why you think Bush is right or wrong" thread!

I did actually see the movie, so feel I can comment on it. VERY glad I saw it.

Michael Moore isn't above reproach, certainly, but much of what he includes in this documentary is information that is already out there. He didn't make it all up, even little old me has been aware of some of what he says. There is documentation to support some of the content. I cannot tell you if everything he says is credible, how would I know? Don't think anyone can accurately say everything he says ISN'T credible either. At least they won't convince me just by saying so. I need proof & I have actually seen some re some of the issues Moore raises.

I must say that one thing I did like is that it will stir some people to try to learn more. As for me, I know I need to learn more about the Patriot Act. This gave the jumpstart I needed to do that.

The findings of the 911 Commission interest me, too. And of course, the many business/political ties are waaaay interesting. We all know that has always been around, the mixing of business with politics, right? Still, in this case there seem to be some legitimite reasons for looking further. Lots at stake here.

Also, I am interested in what changes have taken place re Veterans benefits & pay. I don't know enough about that & don't take any one source's word for it. I'm on a quest for info! Whatever any of us thinks of Michael Moore, I thank him for that!

I think those who believe much of what the Bush administration tells them won't like the film because it contradicts much of what they believe. Those who don't trust what's coming out of the White House, might.
That's just natural, right? It's how most people respond to many topics.

Back to the filmmaker himself, how I may feel about the messenger doesn't block out the message, like a thick black marker might.
I'm glad I went. I try hard to keep an open mind.

Interested in hearing what more people think of the film! HOT TOPIC!

Came back to edit & say that I made it sound like I have zero respect for Moore. I just mean that while I may not have total blind faith in the guy, (I have that for NO ONE) I still want to hear what he has to say because I know that some of what he is saying is true & I believe it's extremely important. I have more respect for him than I have for some other major players in today's spotlight.
Unread 07-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Fahrenheit 911

skippygrrl;
No I have not seen the movie nor will I. I don't watch movies period. I have better things to spend my money on. If you REALLY want something to spend your money on why not donate to the American Red Cross or the USO instead ..... I hope you will give EQUAL time to a movie coming out sometime this summer called Micheal Moore Hates America.
Shashi is absolutley correct about how Moore took things out of context in this movie.
I again ask you to do a web search and read the other side of things. You will be amazed at what you will learn about Moore and how he fabricated facts.
The producer of Michael Moore hates America tried NUMEROUS times to interview Moore for his movie and Moore refused stating he will only appear in HIS movies. The producer of Hates America then proceded to list ALL of the movies Moore has been in.
All I ask is for people to not be so closed minded, do your research. I mean no disrespect to you or anyone else. We are all entitled to our own opinions.
Again thanks for listening and this will be my last post on the subject. If you want specific web sites please PM me.
Gotta love America, land of the FREE home of the BRAVE! I'll be over there sitting by the soap box with Shashi!
Have a nice day!
Unread 07-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Fahrenheit 911

I love movies and do not consider them a waste of money or time. I am looking forward to seeing this one

Can anyone tell me what about this movie gave it it's R rating? Would it be suitable for a teenager. A friend of mine has a daughter who wants to go see the movie and she is not sure if she should take her...she is 16. If anyone has seen this maybe you can comment on that
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register